Chapter 15 - Don't Fall Out

Sofie's POV

I woke up with a tear-stained face and a damp pillow. I had officially cried myself out.

I rose up, my vision blurry for a couple of seconds.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around.

I was in my bed in the hotel room, the room silent and cold.

I scanned the room and found Shawn lying asleep on the sofa. He looked so peaceful and cute, I wouldn't want to wake him.

I looked around for Matthew and saw him no where. I began to panic slightly. He was here last night.

He probably just went upstairs to the other guy's rooms. I shook it off and got out of my bed, my feet touching the soft carpet.

I padded my way over to the bathroom door and when I tried to open it, it was locked.

The first person that came into my mind was Matt.

'Matt?' I said in a hushed tone, so I wouldn't wake Shawn.

'Matt?' I replied, lightly knocking on the door.

Suddenly, the door flung open, startling me.

Matt was standing in the doorway with a blank expression.

'Are you okay?' I asked him, genuinely worried.

'I'm fine' he mumbled, walking past me.

I made him turn around and face me, his chocolate brown eyes directed at the ground.

'Matt, tell me' I begged.

'Fine' he huffed, looking at me.

'I was just thinking about...you and Shawn' he muttered, pointing at a sleeping Shawn.

'What about us?' I queried.

'I dunno...just, how I feel about it' he shrugged.

'Oh c'mon Matt, don't start this again' I sighed.

'I can't help it! I'm your older brother, I'm meant to protect you!' he defended himself.

'I know. But Shawn's harmless. And I really like him' I said, blushing at the last part.

'I know you do. But that's the thing! He's harmless! He won't protect you' Matt said.

'That's a lie! Shawn will protect me. Anyway, what does he need to protect me from?' I replied.

'Shawn just let Hayes call you those things. And what happens when the whole fandom finds out about you two! You won't be able to handle it' Matt sighed.

'He punched Hayes for Gods sake!' I replied, raising my voice.

'Who told you?!' Matt yelled.

'Johnson' I replied, my voice quieter.

'Anyway Sofie, the fans will call you every name in the book! It's going to hurt you. Being with Shawn is not going to do you any good' Matt roared.

'Matt, everyone already knows! That's what started all of this shit!' I yelled back.

'Well if it started shit, why haven't you ended it?' Matt answered, folding his arms across his chest.

'Because I love Shawn' I replied.

Matt made an unimpressed scoff and walked off.

Fine bitch, be like that.

I thought of what Matthew said all day. I wasn't going to break up with Shawn because I'm afraid of hate. I'm not going to let them ruin my life.

Why can't Matt just be happy for me that I'm actually with somebody I really like?

I sighed and walked over to Shawn.

I knelt down in front of his face, an inch between our lips, then I closed the space between them.

Shawn's eyes fluttered opened and grinned.

'Morning beautiful' he whispered.

'Morning' I blushed.

Just then, Matt cleared his throat which made the situation awkward as hell.

I stood up quickly and Shawn did the same.

'I'm...im just gonna go get dressed' Shawn said awkwardly, leaving Matt and I alone.

It wasn't my intention to speak to Matt, but I guess I had no choice in the matter.

'You can't give me the silent treatment, Sofie' Matt said, staring at me.

'I'm pissed off Matt' I replied, a mad tone in my voice.

'Listen Sofie, I'm just trying to protect you. Don't fall out with me because of it' Matt pleaded.

'So am I just meant to ignore the fact that you hate my boyfriend?' I asked with one eyebrow raised.

'I don't hate Shawn. I don't hate you either. I just don't like the two of you together' Matt answered, shrugging.

'Please Matt, you are going to hate every single guy I date' I scoffed.

'That's not true! I'm just trying to save you from getting hurt, that's all' Matt said.

'I can take care of myself' I replied, a little too harshly than I meant to.

'Fine' Matt said plainly, dropping the topic of conversation, continuing to pack his things.

Oh yeah, did I mention it's our last day in Nashville?

Next stop is Dallas. I'm pretty excited. I hope things will be different than they were here in Nashville though.

I began to pack my things also, with Shawn doing the same once he had gotten dressed.

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Nash, Johnson, Gilinsky and Taylor were at the door.

'Who's coming out?' Gilinsky smirked, leaning against the door frame.

I looked at Shawn and he just shrugged.

'Yeah sure, why not' I said, raising my shoulders.

Matt decided to stay and pack, leaving Shawn, Nash, Johnson, Gilinsky, Taylor and I to go get breakfast.

Of course, we went to iHop.

'Why is Matt so annoyed?' Taylor asked, as we were all eating our breakfast.

I looked down at my plate in silence, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

'Sofie?' Johnson asked, basically forcing me to look up.

'I, uh, I don't know' I shrugged, shaking them off.

They didn't look convinced but thankfully, they left it alone, which I was glad of.

'So, last day in Nashville guys' Taylor said awkwardly.

'Yep' Gilinsky replied, taking a sip of his drink.

Oh God, why was it so awkward?

'I'm going to the bathroom' I announced, leaving the table and walking into the girls bathroom.

The bathroom was empty and had a strong smell of bleach.

I walked over to one of the sinks and stared at myself in the mirror.

This isn't what I wanted Magcon to be.

I don't want to fall out with Matt....or Shawn.

I had to shake all of these thoughts from my head, but it was hard.

I then left the bathroom and went back to the table.

Shawn has barely said a word all day. Do you think he heard what Matt and I were arguing about?

*********

Sorry it's boring, it's just a filler. Anyway thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment please ☺️