Chapter 19 - Sharing the Moment

Matt's POV
"I'm not leaving, Matt!" Sofie practically screamed at me.

"I don't want to see you get hurt!" I replied, eager to make her come through and see that's it's better for her to go back to Virginia.

"The hate isn't going to end if I go home" Sofie said.

"Please Sofie, I just want to see you happy!" I pleaded.

"I am happy!" She protested back.

I sighed and angrily ran my fingers through my hair. Why can't she see that going back to Virginia is better for her.

Just then, the door swung open and all the boys were standing there.

They awkwardly strolled in, Nash putting the hotel room key on the table.
"What happened?" Nash asked, looking from Sofie and I.

"Matt's trying to make me go back to Virginia" Sofie huffed.

"What? Why?" Johnson questioned.

"Guys, you've seen how much hate she's been getting. She can't handle it and now it's just getting worse" I explained, trying to get them to side with me.

"The hate won't end if she goes home, Matt, and you know that" Gilinsky said.

Are you serious? They're really siding with Sofie? Can't they see that it's just too much for her. But he does have a point.

"But...But she won't get as hurt" I said, my fight coming to an end, realising that maybe they are right.

"She's gonna get hate either way. It's better if she stays with us because then we can help her and protect her" Nash said.

"You're her brother, don't you want to help her instead of pushing her away?" Taylor said.

"I'm not pushing her away! I just thought it would be better for her" I said, feeling stupid that I even brought up the idea of her moving back.

"And besides, she's dating Shawn. Long distance would be a bitch" Cam said, looking at Shawn who had his arm wrapped around Sofie.

The sight of it made me want to scream at Shawn, telling him to stay away from my sister. I almost did, but my conscience got the best of me.

I stayed silent and then apologised to Sofie, which she accepted, thank God.

"So it's settled then. She's staying" Nash said happily, grinning over at Sofie.

Sofie was grinning from ear to ear, staring up at Shawn admirably.

Sofie's POV

*Later that night*

"Shhh! Don't wake them" Shawn whispered into my ear as we tip toed over all the guys who were sleeping on the floor.

The boys had decided to have a sleepover and had fallen asleep a couple of moments ago.

Shawn and I crept out of the hotel room, quietly and quickly shutting the door behind us.

Shawn and I interlocked our fingers together and exited the hotel, breathing in the cool, nighttime darkness hitting us, our breathes escaping our mouths and appearing as cloudy smoke drifting through the dark sky.

"So, where do you want to go?" I asked him, rubbing my cold hands together.

"Honestly, I just want to stay out here with you. If that's ok" he sheepishly said, bowing his head so I couldn't see him blush.

I pecked his blushing cheek, causing his head to rise up and his eyes to gaze at me.

Suddenly, he crashed his lips onto mine, his arms snaking around my waist, pulling me as close as possible to him, our torsos touching.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, tugging softly at his hair, creating a deeper kiss.

I gently bit his lip gently, gaining a slow breath to emerge from his mouth.

I grinned at him and he took that chance to slip his tongue in between my lips, the kiss becoming more passionate.

It was as if hundreds of butterflies had been set free in my stomach, fluttering around.

My feelings could only be described as utter desire, a feeling that's hard to gain in my opinion.

It was freezing outside, but my body was numb and warm from the embrace Shawn and I shared.

My heart was racing, unsteady breathes escaping both our mouths as Shawn and I shared the moment together.

I wasn't all about PDA, but in my case, there was hardly anybody outside that could see us.

I then pulled away teasingly, causing Shawn to do the thing he does when he licks his lips and bits his lip.

Goddammit Shawn, why do you have to be so attractive and sexy?

"You wouldn't go, would you?" Shawn blurted out, holding me in his arms.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confusion in my tone.

"Leave touring and go back to Virginia" Shawn explained.

"God no! I'm staying with you guys as long as possible!" I exclaimed, a chuckle coming from Shawn.

"You're cute" he said.

"And you're cheesy" I laughed, pecking his lips.

"Should we go back up?" Shawn said.

"Nah, let's hang around outside" I said, taking his hand and dragging him down the street.

Hardly anything was open at this time of night, but a cute, little café was, so Shawn and I went inside to get warmed up, seeing as it was freezing outside.

We strolled up to the counter and ordered two coffee's, bringing them to a table afterwards where we sat down and relaxed.

I took a small sip from the coffee, the steaming hot liquid heating my throat.

"Seeing as this is your first tour, what was the best memory so far?" Shawn suddenly asked me.

"Seriously, you're going to make me choose!?" I exclaimed, staring at him in disbelief.

He nodded, a cheeky grin spread across his face.

I sighed and began to think, going through everything that has happened.

"When everyone was on stage dancing to Beyoncé. That was hilarious" I giggled, remembering the memory vividly.

"That's a stupid one!" Shawn said.

"No it's not! It was funny. And there's so many, it was hard to pick out one" I defended myself.

He sighed, although he was smirking at me.

"Any other one?" He asked.

"Probably meeting you" I blushed.

"Probably?!" He exclaimed.

"Okay, okay. Definitely meeting you" I corrected myself.

"That's the cheesy answer I was looking for" Shawn teased, giving me a wink.

******

Short chapter, but I think it's cute 😍😊