Ch 93 - She is So Sorry

Despite some restless nights, tossing and turning over the Admiral's words and wondering what was it that she had forgotten, Emmy and her nakama headed towards the next island in high spirits. After encountering a frog that indeed swam oddly for it's kind, a steam train called the Puffing Tom, and an old lighthouse keeper named Kokoro and her granddaughter, Chimney, they were given directions to a place called Water 7. Granny Kokoro informed them that it was a place renowned for its shipyards and master craftsmen. She even gave them a letter of recommendation to a person named Iceberg that would be able to help them repair their ship. After hearing that information, any thoughts of Aokiji were removed from Emmy's thoughts and she could only think about restoring Merry-san back to the way she was.

The rest of the crew were eager to get to Water 7 as well. Luffy was busy drawing out his ideal shipwright while Chopper and Usopp badgered him about the details. Nami was calculating how much everyone's allowance would be for the week. Sanji was in the galley trying to figure out what was needed for food. Zoro was working out and getting himself pumped for their arrival and Robin was watching everything quietly on the steps. Her eyes swept over the deck and landed on the first mate, who was scurrying around with a notepad and pencil in hand. Every once in awhile, she would stop short, write something down on the pad, and then continue on. There were times where she took no more than two steps before putting graphite to paper.

"Little Pirate?" Robin called out, "What are you doing?"

Emmy looked up from her writing. "I'm making a list of all the repairs needed for Merry-san. When we find a shipwright, I want him to have a full understanding of Merry-san's state. Should we give them the ship's log as well? Just so they know what she has survived?"

"Of course not!" Nami yelled, "We're a pirate ship! We might as well be confessing to him every illegal thing we've ever done."

Emmy frowned. "But I don't think we've done anything bad."

"It's illegal just to be a pirate!" Nami said, "We've caused damage to towns, not to mention we have hurt multiple naval officers AND naval ships!"

"Let me see that list, Emmy," Usopp said before Emmy and Nami could intensify their argument. He took the notebook out of her hands and started to go through many pages that were already filled with writing. With each page, his face got paler and paler, "This...is a lot of damage. Are you sure you didn't repeat anything, Emmy?"

Emmy shook her head. "That's all just from the bottom deck and I was very thorough. I'm sure I didn't repeat anything."

Usopp gulped but before he could say anything, Luffy flung his arm around the sniper. "That granny said Water 7 has the best technology. We'll be able to get Merry fixed up in time."

"Yeah and we have the money too," Nami said and her eyes twinkled at the thought of the piles of gold stashed in her and Robin's room.

"That's true," Usopp said. His expression got marginally better and he then gave a nod to assure himself and Emmy, "Yes. We'll even be able to power her up. Maybe add some more cannons."

"And a bronze statue!" Luffy cheered.

"No!" Usopp and Nami shouted at the same time.

"Wait. I think I see it!" Zoro called out.

Everyone raced to the aft of the ship and their eyes widened at the island jutting out from the horizon. It was indeed a city of water. The whole island looked like one enormous stone fountain with thick jets of water spurting out from the top and cascading down onto the different layers of the city below. Heavy streams flowed down the sides of the city in deep set canals and rushed into the sea. There were large numbered stone gates that sat between each stream. A two story building stood between gates 2 and 3 with large pillars and arched openings along it's walls.