Ch 92 - I am a Sincerely Good Girl

"Luffy's mad again..." Emmy said quietly as she proceeded to wipe down the bathroom to avoid any additional damage to the floorboards.

The crew had arrived on an uninhabited, tropical island earlier that day. They had left Long Ring Long Land after winning Chopper back. Captain Foxy decided to switch tactics and at the last minute, suggested that he and Luffy duke it out one-on-one in a boxing match instead of a team race. Robin had explained to Emmy that it was most likely he wanted a situation where Emmy could not use her powers like she did with the ring game. After a tedious and aggravating fight full of tricks from Foxy, Luffy bested Foxy after Luffy discovered that the treacherous' captain's Slow-Slow Beam had a weakness to mirrors and could be reflected back on him.

The group had left Emmy to stand guard and take care of Merry while they went to go find any food or medicinal supplies they could stock up. Every now and then, as Emmy went along her daily chores, she would feel emotions come and go from her bonds like waves in the ocean and she would report it out loud in hopes that Merry would chime in.

She was desperate to hear from the ship since Merry had not spoken to her ever since they came back down to the Blue Sea. Something was definitely wrong and Emmy was worried.

"Oh...now he's happy again...Wait...now he's mad..," Emmy said. She straightened up and got to her feet, "And now he's back to happy...I wonder what is going on. Everyone else seems to be fine...A bit nervous but fine.."

She heard footsteps running on the deck above and then they came down the stairs towards her.

"Emmy! Do we have any spare water barrels?" Usopp asked as he came barging in.

"Idiot! Knock before you enter a bathroom with a lady in it!" Sanji shouted, giving him a swift kick in the head, "Apologies, Emmy-chan. Didn't mean to startle you."

"Emmy's always cleaning at this time..." Usopp whined, "And she would've locked the door if she was going to go-"

"I don't want to hear it!" Sanji roared, "Do not ruin the perfect image of the ladies on board."

Emmy carefully folded a wet towel and then draped it over her arm. "We have five barrels full of fresh water down here in storage. Do you think that's enough for us to spare any, Sanji?"

Sanji nodded. "Ah. Giving away two won't hurt us since there's a couple more barrels up in the galley."

"What do you need them for?" Emmy asked.

"C'mon. Help us roll a barrel over back to everyone and I'll explain everything," Usopp said.

Emmy bit her lip. "But I-"

"Merry is not gonna get any cleaner than this," Sanji said, "And I have a feeling we're going to need your calming presence around."

Emmy blinked. "Did you come across a wild animal?"

Sanji shook his head. "Worse...I'll explain as we walk."

The three of them rolled two barrels of water off the ship and down the coastline of the tropical island. Usopp and Sanji told Emmy that they had encountered a shipwrecked group of people, who had been trying to survive on this island for about a month. Their ship was returning from a gourmet tour of the gourmet town, Pucci, when a frog crashed into them by swimming freestyle. It destroyed the ship and they were the only survivors.

"Oh, that's terrible. No wonder you want to give them some of our water," Emmy said, "They must be starving too. Do they need any food?"

"Actually, we found enough on the island and I cooked them a hearty meal already," Sanji said, "This is for them to take when they leave."