Ch 58 - I Am Not Wasting Any More Time

"Get away from her!" Emmy shouted as her cards went shooting across the plaza.

Thwack! Thwack! Thwack! Thwack!

A handful of the Baroque Work Millions clutched their bloodied shoulder and fell to their knees. The Millions had identified the pirates and were closing in. Zoro had no choice but to stay behind to fight them off for Emmy and Vivi to run ahead. However, as soon as the girls rounded the corner, another group of Millions were waiting for them.

Emmy leapt up and jumped off of a kneeling Millions' backs to tackle another Millions, who was trying to attack the princess from behind. She hit the ground hard and skidded across the stone pavement.

"Ah! Miss Maid!" Vivi gasped.

"I'm okay!" Emmy said as she scrambled to her feet and stood back to back with the princess. Emmy couldn't help but giggle, "I once saw Luffy do that...Never thought I could do it too."

"We can't afford to waste time in a place like this," Vivi said. She had her Peacock Slashers out and they spun violently at her sides.

"Agreed," Emmy nodded.

"Ha. I'd expect this much from a Frontier Agent," one of the Millions said as he pointed a gun right at Vivi's face while another Millions pointed one right at Emmy, "You fought well...Too bad you didn't fight well enough. Now come. The boss is waiting."

Emmy blinked. "Wait what? You're not going to kill us?"

"Her? No. The boss wants Princess Vivi alive. You? Not so much," the Millions facing her sneered.

"Vivi-sama...If that's the case, go with them then," Emmy whispered.

"WHAT?! We're supposed to meet Luffy-san and them at Raindinners-"

"Where Crocodile is, right?" Emmy hissed, "So if they are taking you to Crocodile, then just go with them!"

"But what about you?"

"Don't worry about me...Just-"

Bratatta. Bratatta. Bratatta. Bratatta.

"AH!" Emmy and Vivi screamed as rapid machine gun fire came striking down from the sky. They clutched their heads and knelt down while the men around them were placated.

Emmy looked up at the sky once the bullets stopped for just a moment. A large falcon was barrelling right down at them.

"Raise your arms!" Vivi exclaimed with relief.

"What?!"

"Just grab on!" Vivi shouted just as the falcon plateaued and swooped within arms reach of them.

Without another thought, Emmy reached up and grabbed onto the falcon's neck as Vivi did the same. They were both swept up and carried to safely to a rooftop nearby.

"Pell! You came for me!" Vivi exclaimed as the falcon changed into a man with a painted white face and purple streaks under his eyes. He wore a long white robe with a dark four star motif printed all along it. His hat had the same pattern as his clothes and the fabric draped down on either side of his head.

"It's good to see you again, Vivi-sama," he said and then gave a nod to Emmy, "And you must be one of the people who she wrote about in her letter. Thank you for coming to Vivi-sama's aid in our time of need."

"So you got my letter," Vivi breathed, "That means Carue made it to Alubarna safely. Thank goodness."

"Both the king and I read your letter," he replied.

"How is my father?" Vivi asked.

"He's doing well. Thanks to you and Igaram-sama, we know we're fighting against now," he said and then looked back over the edge of the roof, "Please excuse me for a moment."