Ch 59 - I am Getting You Out

"So what's it going to be, princess? One million innocent citizens or a mere five pirates with no future?" Crocodile said from the doorway, "Only one choice can be saved though the odds are low for both. Your feelings are your ante, Miss Wednesday. Do you like gambling?

Vivi's glare intensified but she stayed frozen to her spot, unable to decide what her next steps should be.

"Stop taunting her!" Emmy shouted as she directed her own angered gaze at the Warlord, "The result of the gamble will be in our favor! Winner takes all! My nakama will be fine and so will Alabasta!"

That earned her an amused grin from Crocodile. "Oh? What makes you so sure of that?"

"Because I believe Toto-Ojisan! Yuba...and all of Alabasta....It's not going to get beaten by some lousy sand and it certainly won't get beaten by you! If love is what is in this kingdom...if people are like Toto-Ojisan, who love and cherish this land...then this kingdom can be saved," Emmy said, "Toto-Ojisan has faith and so do I!"

"Enough!"

Crocodile's hook shot out of his arm with a burst of sand pushing it forward. Miss All Sunday's arms disappeared in a second. Crocodile hooked Emmy by the waist and sent her flying up towards the ceiling, crashing hard against stone and knocking down a chandelier before he released her and she flopped to the ground like a rag doll. Her headband rolled across the floor and stopped right in front of the prison cell with a soft clank.

The pirates and princess screamed in horror. "EMMY!"

"Then you are a fool just like everyone else in this country," Crocodile chided, "The rebels, the army, the-"

"With all due respect..." Emmy breathed as she pushed herself up so her upper body were off the floor. Blood dripped down the side of her head and onto the white marble, "You are the only fool I see...Haven't you learned by now? You can't beat Toto-Ojisan's spirit. No matter how many sandstorms you throw at Toto-ojisan, he'll keep on digging. The faith and hope in this country will not be blown away by your stupid tricks!"

"Sandstorms?" Luffy asked while Vivi gasped and covered her face with her hands.

"You mean he-"

"Hehehe," Crocodile laughed. He held out his hand a small whirling sandstorm began to swirl right at the center of his palm, "So you figured it out?"

"I recognized your laugh..." Emmy said as she sat on her knees. The anger and fury from both Vivi and Luffy were making a strong play against her bonds. She closed her eyes to try to focus herself and remain in control, "It was in the winds...There in Yuba...and in Erumalu...Those sandstorms...It was you. It was all you."

"I'm going to kill you!" Vivi cried. She clenched her fists in her lap as did Emmy out of sheer reaction to the princess' rage, "Crocodile!"

"If you don't like my sand...then I'll arrange for something else," Crocodile said as he tapped his foot again and two more trapdoors opened up. Water started to flood up into the room and it flowed past Emmy, washing away the drops of blood.

"Emmy! Get away from the water!" Zoro shouted.

"What about us?! The whole room's going to be flooded if we don't do something!" Usopp screeched, "Vivi! Help! Do something!"

"Stop freaking out," Zoro huffed.

"How can I not?!" the sniper wailed.

"Vivi! Emmy! Get us out of here!" Luffy shouted.

"Luffy-san..." Vivi whimpered.

"Ha. Finally starting to beg for your life, Straw Hat Luffy?" Crocodile asked, "I guess it's only natural. Everyone is afraid of dying."