43/finale

He laid on his back, eyes trained upwards at the ceiling, the AC trying it's best to keep away the harsh summer heat that had made a comeback for the last week of summer holidays.

He met eyes with her's, whose he had grown so accustomed to feeling on him, loved it when she would occasionally stare at him as if in awe. It was a beautiful feeling he wanted to never let go of.

Soon, she would be going back to school and they wouldn't have the opportunity to see eachother that often, being busy with their jobs and of course school.

He already dreaded this time, and made sure to savor every moment they could spend together.

She leaned forward, combing her soft fingers trough his hair, making him close his eyes with a content sigh. The note he'd been holding slipped from his hand, gliding onto the floor.

She reached down, taking the paper, "You lost something?"

He hummed, not wanting to open his eyes and break his state of pure relaxation, "s' a letter. You can read it if you want. I'd prefer it if you did even."

She nodded and crossed her legs, knee bumping gently against his side, before she started reading.

___

To mom

I remember how you told me to be happy. I also remember being angry at you for doing so.

Yes, there was even a time when I hated you for it.

I didn't understand why you said it. How you could think I could be happy after this.

But, you know, now I am happy and now I understand.

I think I'm healing slowly. No, I know it.

It's going to take a while, but it's okay, because I'm not alone, you know?

I have this beautiful girl that takes care of me and cares for me like no one ever did.

I had a hard time processing it, but today I know.

I love her.

I love her and I want to keep this feeling I get whenever I look at her, think of her forever.

I know, this is what you meant when you told me to be happy and I promise you, today I am.

I miss you. Fuck I miss you so much, some nights I can't even sleep thinking of you.

But I'm willing to wait until we meet again. In another time, another life.

I will find you I promise.

And then we'll all be together. As a family.

I love you.

✾❦❇︎✪