16

You were at Jimin's place when your mom and Haru left for their mini-honeymoon to Jeju island over the extended weekend.

Both had said that they were fine with only a weekend for themselves, before going back to their chaotic household with three children that couldn't be more different (please note that Haru had referred to Jungkook as a child as well).

You felt bad for being the reason for why your mom only had four days to spend with her husband alone, but she had assured you that she didn't need anymore time.

After the wedding you had left to Jimin's - what was the final proof to you that Jimin wanted to stay friends with you, I mean it was 2am - just to talk out everything that was on your mind.

You told the small brunette about Yeji and the wedding and the things you heard Haru and Jungkook say and Jimin listened attentively and asked a few questions. All in all did you only want to get rid of all these thoughts that had been bundled up in your mind, hoping that Jimin would be the one to clear them.

"This sounds as if Jungkook was accusing his dad of something." Jimin had concluded.

You had rolled to the side and nodded, "Yes. But for what?"

"Maybe it's not on us to find out." He had given you to think and had agreed resigned.

Now you both sat in front of Jimin's large window, faces pressed against the glass while you watched Jungkook heaving your mother's bags in to the car.

"Damn, is your mom planning to move out or what?"

"I sure as heck hope she doesn't, they married barely a week ago."

Jimin lived one street apart from you, the entrance to his mom's apartment was about ten minutes away from your place. Now, the window of Jimin's room had a perfect view onto the playground five minutes away from your house, what also was the place where Haru parked his car, because the neighbors kept blocking the way to his entrance with their vehicles (what was the only third time you had seen Haru angry).

And now you were watching your parents packing their car, Jungkook just so happened to help - because he was a god damn angel, you know.

"You know that you'll be alone with him for four days?" Jimin stated.

You glanced at him, "So what?"

"Jungkook needs far less time to get anyone underneath him, naked." He answered dryly and you scoffed.

"Well, I just hope for me it's different, I'm the daughter of his dad's wife after all." You weren't really thinking that there was an actual possibility for something like that to happen, though Jimin didn't seem all that convinced.

"You know, Jungkook may act like an angel, but he's actually a demon."

"I figured." You just said, although you felt the irritating urge to defend your step-brother.

Your only real worry was, that Jungkook would be out all weekend like always, and you'd be left alone with Jee. You didn't know if you could take care of Jee alone, without neglecting yourself, you didn't want to go back to old times.

"Just talk to him and ask him to stay at home at least during the day." Jimin said as if it was the easiest thing to do, while he had made up stupid excuse for not having to go to your place all week, because of this very same boy.

"Yeah, I should do that." You mumbled and your phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Honey we'll be going now."Your mother's voice chimed through the phone and your eyes snapped up to the alarm clock next to Jimin's bed, realizing that you had completely forgotten time. Your eyes fell onto Haru's car outside, that had already started the engine, ready to leave.

"Uhm, okay-"

"Remember what I told you, listen to Jungkook and take good care of Jee, he's been coughing a lot for the past days."

You nodded and said a hurried 'yes' after you realized that your mom couldn't see you.

"Alright, have a nice weekend honey."

"You too mom." You said smiling, "Enjoy yourself."

"Oh, we will." She said before saying goodbye and hanging up.

"Ew" Were Jimin's only words, as he had listened to the conversation the whole time and you shoved a pillow against him.

"Alright, I'll be going."

"Bye honey!" Jimin imitated you mom giggling.

Jungkook was still standing next to the playground when you came back and it took a moment for you to understand that he's been waiting for you, when he waved at you smiling as soon as he saw you.

"How did you know I uhm... would come from this direction?" Literally, Jungkook didn't even know yo weren't home.

"You were at Jimin's place, right?"

"Why do you know where-" You stopped when you saw Jungkook cocking an eyebrow and pursed your lips embarrassed, "Oh, right."

Both of you started walking in direction of your house and you averted your attention away from Jungkook, to the people passing by. They all had changed their light summer clothes to warmer ones, you too did, since autumn was slowly coming.

"Jungkook?"

"hm?"

"I wanted to ask...  if you could stay home this weekend? Like, I don't care what you do in the evenings but maybe you could help me a bit with Jee during the day, since he's sick and stuff..."

The look Jungkook gave you was strange, as if he was truly confused about what to answer. He almost looked panicked.

"Of course, you don't need to, it's your deci-" You were about to take back your words.

"No, no, no!" He interrupted you hastily, "It's okay of course. Your mom gave me the responsibility. Don't worry."

You nodded, feeling relieved as he sounded sincere, "Alright then."

He grinned, "This is going to be a fun weekend."

___

I thought I'd update later but luckily I'm sick so I can stay home all day at your service

xx