6

You watched how Jungkook helped your mom cleaning the mess Jee created after he had spilled his banana milk all over the place, showing full commitment and somehow managing to pull of the cleaning-a-table look like he was some damn Gucci model, keeping a smile on his face during all of this.

He was so courteous and thoughtful and nice, you could say gentle in everything he did and it was making you angry that people were saying the things they said about him, it was impossible that this personification of perfection could do any of the dirty stuff people accused him to do.

Not that you actually understood what exactly mentioned 'dirty stuff' was.

Jungkook caught you staring at him and smiled, "How was your first day at school?"

"Didn't know you were famous." Was your retort, because really if no one would explain the whole thing to you, you might explode of curiosity.

"What makes you thing that I am?" He said as he made his way over to the sink.

You shrugged and leaned your head against your palm while watching him, "People talked about you."

His smile deepened and he began to wash out the cloth he used to clean the table with, "What did they say?"

"Called you a slut." Was your bluntly honest answer.

Everyone in the room froze, besides Jungkook who began to laugh whole heartedly.

If you weren't in such a odd situation you would be mesmerized by the way his laughter sounded so childish and pure or how his eyes sparkled when he laughed and oh you probably were mesmerized, no matter the situation.

You tried to make your staring not too obvious and tore your eyes away from him, looking at Haru instead, who had an angry shine in his eyes and frowned which you didn't know of him- the normal, nice, good hearted Haru, who didn't seem to know what anger is even spelled like.

"Yeah." Jungkook said after he'd calmed down, "I guess there are a few rumors about my times back in school."

He chuckled quietly when he left the room, not explaining anything to you, leaving you as confused as you had been before.

You blinked and noticed how your mom was staring at you, forcing you to look at her as well.

"That wasn't very nice Y/N." She scolded you, making you frown.

"I didn't call him that. Other students did. He asked, don't blame me mom." You said shrugging before also leaving the room following the older boy upstairs.

___

Both Haru and your mother were out, meeting with Haru's parents to finally start planing their wedding (which you had almost forgotten about) leaving you with the responsibility of bringing Jee to bed.

Having experienced a lot of confusion today, you were glad to have this distraction in form of your squirmy little brother.

"I found a new friend." Jee babbled proudly, yet a bit tiredly while you tried to bring him to wear his pajamas.

"Oh, really?" You said smiling, being busy with trying to win the fight against the pajama pants.

"Yes! A girlfriend even!"He exclaimed grinning.

"Oh, really?" You repeated, this time genuinely interested in the ridiculous thought of a seven years old's imagination of a relationship.

"Yes" He said dead serious. Then he signalized you to lean down to him and whispered in your ear: "We even held hands."

You didn't mean to laugh at your brother, but you couldn't hold it back, "My little Romeo, take care or else there will be women throwing themselves on you from left and right."

You laughed even more at his utterly confused expression and it felt so god damn good to laugh carelessly like this for the first time since a long but your laughter ebbed down as soon as you saw Jungkook standing in the doorframe, watching you with the same weird smile on his lips as the one time you helped Jee after he bit his tongue when you ate together.

You stood up and brushed off the dust of your jeans, "How long were you standing there?"

His eyes flickered over your body and you felt weirdly exposed, maybe because he witnessed this brother-sister moment between Jee and you.

"I'm not gonna answer this or else I'll come over as a creep." He joked and you laughed, though you didn't really felt like laughing. Just really, really nervous.

He pointed at somewhere behind you, making you look at the spot.

It was your opened bag which you had thrown on the floor carelessly right after you got home.

"What's that?" He asked and you felt embarrassed about your messiness, quickly grabbing the back, "Just my school stuff."

He smiled, "No, I meant the book inside."

You blinked confused until you remembered the book and where you got it from, "Oh, right. It's just a book I really used to like back in Yeungjo, Jimin gave it to me after we talked about it." You explained, smiling at the thought of your new friend, whom reminded you a bit of a soft kitten. A really nerdy, really gay soft kitten. But a kitten.

"Jimin?" Jungkook repeated, "Looks like you found friends already."

"Yeah, what wasn't easy considering that I'm always associated with a certain boy." You just couldn't restrain yourself to say.

Jungkook chuckled, scratching the back of his head sheepishly, "Well, you could say I have quite a reputation."

You cocked a brow, "For what, if I'm allowed to ask."

"Oh" He grinned, but it looked kind of twisted to you, "I believe that doesn't concern you little one."

And with that he turned around, disappearing in his own room.

"You wouldn't say that if you were in my situation." You mumbled, thinking of all those glares and whispers you received the last day.

___

what do you think is up with Jungkook?

xx