9

You were clinging to your bag for dear life -  unconsciously though - when you entered the building, your eyes tracing the spot at the very back of the foyer, where your traitorous nerdy friend always sat in the beginning of lessons, quick to notice that he wasn't there.

Your anxious state ebbed down during the day as you realized that Jimin didn't go to school, feeling your disappointment about this failed attempt of friendship transforming into something else; guilt.

Jimin had already have a hard time because of Jungkook's rejection and now he also lost the only friend he'd made himself in school; you could say your people-pleaser tendencies were back-stabbing you as you spent too many thoughts on someone who obviously used you for his own good.

Maybe it just was because you'd been lonely for as long time as Jimin was, not having been that close to your former classmates and spending the summer holidays all alone.

Damn you totally needed to find yourself a best friend.

___

You're unempathetic 

That was your conclusion of the day, as you sat on the cold stone steps in front of your entrance door. Leaving a suffering friend alone, making him suffer even more. Good job Y/N (you were aware of how irrational these thoughts were).

Your mom and Haru were busy with planning their wedding these days, but today for once both of them were home, trying their best to 'make up the lost time with their children' which you obviously weren't participating at, sitting outside, apart from the rest of your new family.

You had gone over to watching the cars pass by, counting every red one and subtracting one every time a yellow car appeared.

Luckily there weren't as much yellow as red cars so you had a pretty high number by the time that-

"Fucking hell!" You shrieked when a hand touched your shoulder without any warning, making the owner of this hand laugh.

"Did I scare you?" Jungkook asked.

"No, that's how I greet people. Of course you scared me." You retorted, only slightly aware of how disrespectful you were acting towards your elder.

You were mildly aware of the older one's hand still resting on your shoulder, but the shock he'd caused was able to make you forget that fact and calm you down surprisingly.

"What are you doing outside?" He asked with a soft expression.

You studied his face, searching for any kind of mischief, but there obviously wasn't any because, as always, Jeon Jungkook looked like the definition of perfect.

"Counting the red cars." You answered in all honest making Jungkook cock a brow, "Seriously?"

"Yes." You answered, "Seriously."

"So what number are you at?" He asked, while letting himself fall down onto the steps with a huff.

"I think it was 48." You stated quietly, being very aware of Jungkook's presence all of a sudden.

There were  a few things you wanted to ask him. About the rumors at school you weren't so sure of being wrong anymore, about his sexuality and about what conditioner he was using because damn his hair looked soft. Oh and there was of course this one other question-

"Are you as nice as you're always acting?" The words had slipped out your mouth unintentionally and Jungkook's head, that had been directed towards the street, snapped in your direction, a humorous glint in his eyes.

"Are you?" He retorted.

"I- of course I am, why wouldn't I?" You scowled at him, hoping your glare was saying what you were thinking - 'Don't try to distract from yourself' - slightly away of how your last three words could've come from Jungkook directed towards you as well. But that was the question, right? Why wouldn't he?

The dark haired eyed you with this intense stare you'd felt so often burning in to your back already and he slowly cocked his head to the said, "...Probably not."

What was that supposed to mean? He was probably not as nice as he was acting? 

"But I like your mom and Jee a lot, don't worry." He added and chuckled as he saw your utterly confused expression.

He arose from the stairs, patting your head in this typical 'little girl' manner, "You'll understand soon. You're a smart one I figured."

You sent him a glare which went unnoticed by him as he went back inside, leaving you alone by the house's gateway.

Slowly blinking, you took a mental note on doing some research on Jeon Jungkook before standing up as well, following the taller one's way inside, where you were greeted by your mom's and Haru's playful bickering.

"It's not supposed to go there." Your mother scolded, making Haru laugh.

"Listen woman, I've been arranging my decoration myself for seven years, I know how this stuff works."

You shook your head smiling, feeling happy giddiness rising in you as you realized how god damn content your mother was with Haru. You sure as hell hoped he would stay with her for a long more time, actually highly doubted he would ever leave.

Even if this would mean you'd have to cope with Jungkook for eternity. Okay, to be fair you weren't quite sure if you loved or hated the idea of it yet.

___

Short one, I'm not feeling well

xx