3

The constant drumming of rain drops against the window.

The only sound you were hearing for about twenty minutes now.

After coming down from the adrenaline rush your first encounter with Jungkook had caused, the antsy anxiousness had slowly crept up your bones. The realization that this penible clean room would be yours from now on. That you would be living and going to school in this mega super big city from now on.

You blamed your agitated hormones and this extreme reaction you had on Jeon Jungkook on this anxiousness.

Now, that you were sitting on your new bed, facing the rain soaked window, the only memory of what happened a few minutes ago down stairs was a ringing in your head that was a clear harbinger for a headache.

A faint knock was heard on your door and you didn't bother turning around, assuming that it would be your mom checking on you, "Come in."

Shuffling behind you and then a deep male voice talking, "Are you alright in here? Do you need any help with unpacking?"

You were torn between turning around, knowing that you'd be frozen on your spot from then on, or coming off as rude and staying how you were. Latter seemed much more promising.

"Thank you but I'm fine. I haven't much to unpack anyways."

You heard the smile in Jungkook's voice as he talked, "Alright. Just ask me if you need help."

You hummed and let yourself fall backwards on the mattress as soon as you heard the door closing.

He's so nice

You stretched your arms over your head and felt your eyes getting heavy.

Sleep sounded so very tempting, but your brother had other plans as he bumped in your room, a huge smile on his face as he held up a weird construction of paper, that kind of reminded you of your old neighbor's cat - it was similar misshaped.

"Look! Look what I made!" Jee shouted, practically shoving it in your face.

"O-Oh.. that... looks so nice Jee."

"I made it for my brother, do you think he will like it?"

Your heart melted at Jee's words. He'd been so excited when you told him that he would have a step-brother soon, that he already referred to Jungkook as his 'brother'.

"Of course he's going to like it, jellybean." You reassured, patting his head.

Your words spurred him even more and the little hurricane rushed out of your room to give his masterpiece to his new favorite sibling. Your heart hurt only a bit.

"Jellybean." You repeated the nickname with a smile and allowed yourself to close your eyes, at least for a bit.

___

Well, the 'for a bit' part didn't quite work our after all, because when you opened your eyes again you saw nothing but pitch black darkness.

Only the neon street lights from outside illuminated your room and you frustratedly rubbed your face.

3am

Why hadn't anyone woken you up?

You still had your luggage laying in front of your bed, unpacked and untouched.

For a moment you seriously considered unpacking your stuff now, but quickly came to the conclusion that you'd be way more productive when not half asleep.

With a huff you got up, trying to be as silent as possible when you made your way out of the room, tip-toeing downstairs to get some water.

You saw the lights being switched on in the kitchen and assumed that some one forgot to turn them off.

Thoughtlessly, you stepped into the room - just to turn around in shock straight away.

So Jungkook was one of those people.

You know, the ones who sleep with only their underwear and walk around like that at night.

"Oh Y/N. Were you thirsty too?"

You slowly turned around and forced yourself not to look anywhere else but his eyes, the image of this by god sculpted body having imprinted itself into your brain already.

"Y-Yeah. Headache." You said very intelligently.

Jungkook didn't seem to notice your uncomfortableness, or at least wasn't really fazed by it, because he took his sweet time with pouring a glass for you as well and passing it to you with a charming smile.

"Here you go."

"Thanks." You muttered, trying to avoid eye contact with those beautiful warm eyes.

You were nervously sipping your water, as Jungkook suddenly started to talk to you, making you ask yourself why he thought it would be such a great idea to do conversation at fucking three in the morning.

"Were you sad to leave your friends in your old hometown behind?"

You shrugged, "I didn't leave that much close friends behind if I'm being honest."

"No boyfriend?"

You choked on your water.

"N-No." You coughed out.

"Oh, how come?"

"I wasn't interested in anyone, I guess."

"I see." Jungkook said and it was awkwardly quiet after this.

There was this one question burning on your tongue, and you couldn't really stop yourself from saying it out loud: "And you?"

"Hm?"

"I mean... since you asked me too... are you in a relationship?"

Stupid Y/N, make it even more obvious

But Jungkook didn't seem to think much about it because he just shrugged, brushing his free hand through his hair, which your eyes followed mesmerized, "No. Am not interested in anyone either I guess."

"I see." You mimicked his words from earlier.

When you couldn't handle the awkward tension anymore, you placed down your glass with a bit too much force than it to be casual and waved him clumsily, "Eh... good night then."

He grinned at your helpless act and copied you waving, "Night."

As you made your way back upstairs you shook your head feverly, not believing the situation you were just in.

God really seemed to hate you - he gave you the possibility to live with a super nice, super hot guy in the same house and made him not only your step-brother but four years older as well.

You pulled your hair stressed, slumping back in to your warm bed.

You would just have to get used to him. To all of this.

By time everything would become clearer, right?

___

Do you have a younger sibling like Jee?

xx