23

Jungkook and you have never had the all over greatest relationship with each other. Of course there had been good moments you had shared together and moments where you personally were bewitched by the boy, but especially lately you hadn't been on the bestests terms.

 And generally, the way Jungkook had treated most of you with a friendly distance in every action of his, never really showing off any flaws or flawed behavior (or well, at least not to anyone besides you) had made it impossible to bond with him in a way that made you forget your hormonal teenie crush on him and see him as your actual brother - with all his weird flaws, like siblings do after all.

So of course seeing Jungkook vulnerable was a considerably shocking thing.

Whatsoever, he didn't allow himself to stay like that for long, quickly slipping back into his, what you liked to call picture-perfect-boy-next-door role.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't've burst out like that." His politeness made everything kind of awkward as you sat next to each other on his bed, in his freakishly clean room, "Are you alright Y/N?"

You blinked once. Twice.

"Uhm- Jungkook, are you alright?" You countered, getting nothing but an amused chuckle from him.

"Don't worry about me."

The picture of him sobbing quietly in your arms flashed back into your mind and you cocked a brow, looking unconvinced at your older step-brother.

He sighed at your expression and leaned back against the headboard of his bed, "What do you want to hear little one? I'm sad? Please comfort me?"

He scoffed.

"No I..." You stuttered a bit helpless, fearing that this really had been what you wanted to hear. Until you realized that it was not, "No, this isn't what I want to hear. But Jungkook... do you know where Haru is?"

He glanced at you, "No. I never know where he is this day."

"This day?" You probed, feeling yourself sitting up curiously.

He chuckled at your reaction and nodded, "It's- today's her... date of death."

He clearly struggled to keep his cool. Everything clicked into place now; how Jungkook had been off all the time, Haru seemed to avoid any kind of companionship and why Miri had visited them, saying she wanted to check on them.

You were about to ask a stupid question like "How are you feeling" when it was clear that he felt like shit, so you simply kept quiet doing nothing more but acknowledge his words.

You shifted a bit on your spot, making the bed make small cracking noises. You only now realized the situation you were in; sitting with Jungkook alone in his room - on his bed. Strangely, you felt more connected to him than ever, having the feeling that he hadn't told anyone about this like he did to you.

"Did you... visit her?" You asked hesitant, afraid that you were going too far by asking stuff like this but he didn't seem concerned, just nodded slightly.

"Of course. I do it every year. Every week actually." his words were answered by a nod from you and he was silent for a moment, before he said: "Your mother, Yoona, is the first woman he was with ever since mom passed away."

His voice still sounded gruff and small, but his body language told you that he was relaxed, "Was it strange for you? That Haru married again, I mean."

Your step-brother thought about it for a moment, "If I'm being really honest... I was really, really mad at him at the beginning. I thought he would betray mom, replace her as if she's something disposable."

"That's not true, he was able to mov-"

"I know. I realized that when I met Yoona for the first time. Your mom really is something else, isn't she?" His lips twitched, "I've never seen dad so happy ever since..."

You couldn't help but to smile, seeing how Jungkook felt the same way towards your mother as you did towards Haru.

"What was she like?" You asked.

"Mom?" Jungkook smiled weakly, " She was... happy, a lot. Very passionate too and overly competitive you could say. She'd always known what she wanted and I admired her for this."

You hummed, "Kinda reminds me of you."

He grinned, cheeks tainted red- actually blushing - at your words, "Really?"

You grinned back at him, "Yes, really."

___

Having Jungkook eating dinner with the rest of you - the three of you actually, Haru still wasn't back - on a Saturday evening was as unusual as it was pleasant.

The boy seemed to buzz with a weird nostalgic energy, talking a lot more than he usually did, telling a lot more about himself, especially about his younger self's live in a more rural district outside of Seoul.

This Jungkook was different in a way, yet the same.

He was still all charming smiles a friendly helpfulness but he also laughed a lot more, a lot louder and told a lot more inappropriate jokes as he would usually do (much to your mom's dismay and Jee's interest).

It was a pleasant surprise to see Jungkook having made such a drastic change of mood on a day that was filled with quite sorrowful memories.

Maybe talking really helped him, maybe he acted and smiled light like this because he really felt lighter.

Whatsoever, all you knew was that this bunny smile was infectious.

___

It was the second time already that you stumbled into the orange haired woman right after you said your good byes to Jimin on your way from school back home and really, you didn't quite know what to think about that.

"Heya dear" Miri greeted you with a smile as friendly as ever.

"Hi?" 

 A laugh escaped her lips at your confused tone, "Haru threw me out after some time, really I just came here to check on my two boys."

The woman eyed you up and down, "But it looks like Jungkook was doing brilliant. Thanks to you I guess?"

You felt your cheeks warming up at her words and quickly shook your head, "Jungkook needs someone to talk to sometimes, just like everyone else."

"Yeah..." Miri smiled, a daring look appearing on her face all of a sudden, "Just like everyone else. But he isn't like everyone else, right?"

You shrugged confused about what she wanted to say by that, "I guess it's dumb to generalize people just like that?"

The redhead nodded, "I guess so, yeah."

Then she took a step closer, predatory look on her chubby face"But you noticed it too by now, didn't you? That he's a bit of a..."

Nympho

You remembered the word your classmate Lou had used on your step-brother, his filthy little secrets having almost slipped your mind.

Miri still stared you down, searching for a reaction to her words and you nodded.

"Poor boy, couldn't handle it. Went completely crazy after he watched his mother dying in the hospital."

___

woah

xx