35

He carried her bridal style as he walked up the pathway to her house, holding her firmly after he rang the bell with a bit clumsy shuffling.

Jungkook was nervous to put it simple. He was scared to see the expression of this gentle, warm-hearted woman when she looked at the son of the man who hurt her, carrying her passed out daughter.

He had always liked Yoona, never saw her as a mother figure (how could he) but as a sort of anchor - the heart-warm woman, who had always been so wonderfully oblivious to his true persona.

He heard shuffling coming from behind the door and secured his grip around the girl's shoulders and legs.

She was so light and warm, carrying her felt so easy.

Jungkook glanced down at her peaceful traits and, really, he couldn't help but to envy her; she was so good, after all what had happened to her and those she cared about.

And just as this thought crossed his mind and wether he still counted to those people, the door opened, revealing a tired looking Yoona. She must've been worried.

"Jungkook." She said, barely surprised, just glad that he had brought back her daughter safely.

He bowed - as good as he could with a girl in his arms - nodding his head in her direction, "Good evening Yoona-ssi."

"Dear god." She mumbled, "Y/N knows that she can't stand alcohol."

Her face still radiated this warmth and Jungkook believed that, before all those years of frustration and torment she had been a beautiful woman. Her daughter was the very best proof for it.

"I'm sorry that we have to meet like that again." Jungkook apologized, Yoona being one of the only people left he didn't really want to disappoint, "I mislead your daughter, she wouldn't have... overdone herself on her own accord."

Yoona scoffed, gently taking her daughter from Jungkook's arms and he felt the warmth disappearing, "Don't be too sure of that."

She lifted her eyes and met with Jungkook's apologetic expression, sighing softly, "I'm not mad Jungkook, it was about time that she went out to act like a normal teenager."

The boy just nodded, glad that she wouldn't hold any grudges towards him.

"Well, it was nice to see you again Jungkook." She smiled and he nodded, mumbling a small 'good night' before she closed the front door.

The night was warm and cozy, the heat from the day prior being preserved.

Jungkook slowly walked back to his car.

He had acted rude towards Y/N, that was for sure - just like the fact that he had missed her with all his guts.

And the thought had scared him - still did.

He had never felt this way. Usually... people went to him because they wanted to and then left after they realized they had nothing on him.

Jungkook made people succumb to him easily, he knew it, and he had always loved the power he held over them when he made it clear that he didn't want them anymore. He had loved the control he had over them.

But with Y/N it was the other way around. She had never reached out to him, was doing great the past two years, while he had been itching to call her every fucking day. Just so that he had a proof that there was a good person out there, that would always have a genuine smile, a genuinely flustered blush saved for him.

Around her he had never felt the need to control. He'd been happy, comfortable having her around him, joking with her, do stuff normal siblings do.

But now, they couldn't anymore, Y/N was happy and he had to push her away. That's what he had thought.

But didn't he owe her an apology for what he said to her before she left?

He smiled, when he searched her number in his phone, praying that she didn't get a new one.

___

You groaned when a nasty ray of sunshine made its way into your eyes sight.

The hammering headache was really fucking with you, but your limbs felt like jello and you knew you needed to get up and walk around.

So you pushed yourself up into a seated position, huffing when you opened your eyes fully - only to spot your mother standing right in front of your bed, with a raised eye brow and a glass of water and painkillers.

"Woah!" You shrieked, startling back.

"Good morning sunshine." Your mom said, but it sounded more like 'I hope a horde of camels runs you over'.

"M sorry." You mumbled, referring to last night. You knew your mom was damn chill about everything you did, but disappearing over night, without a single word?

Unlike other parents, she did care about her child.

But Yoona only sighed and placed the glass and the medicals next to your bed, "It's alright, I understand that you didn't want to face that rusty old lawyer. You'll have to thank Jungkook tho."

"Jungkook?" You echoed dumbly.

Your mom nodded, "Yeah, you don't remember? He brought you back home, literally carried you to the door."

You shook your head, stunned. No, you didn't remember. How awfully sweet of him.

You'd really have to thank him.

But, when you unlocked your phone, after downing the water in one go, you froze, because there was a message from someone you hadn't texted with in over two years.

Jungkook:

Wanna go out for a drink? I'll treat you apple juice

___

Short update

xx