29

"Don't you tell him tho." You laughed as Jungkook and you walked up to your house, after you spent the evening at Lotte World, "He'd totally destroy you."

Jungkook snickered, "You know, I'd be into that."

You hit his shoulder, acting scandalized although - really - you didn't expect any other answer from Jeon Jungkook.

He unlocked the door and you two entered, too caught up in your childish bliss to notice that the house was unusual dark, quiet.

You were the first one to enter the kitchen, immediately freezing in your spot.

"M-Mom?"

You unfroze and your body moved all by itself, running towards your mother who was sitting at the dinner table, crouching down in front of her.

"Why are you crying mom?"

Your mother quickly wiped off her tears and bit her lip, trying to surpress her sobs.

"I-It's nothing."

You sighed and wrapped your arms around her shaking figure.

You had hoped to never having to hear your mother crying again, swore to do everything to keep her happy.

You literally felt Jungkook entering the kitchen, hearing a sharp breath being sucked in behind you, "What did he do?"

His voice sounded like iron or like ice and you would've flinched if you didn't know this tone already.

"H-He? Nothing..."

You turned your head, still holding your mom close, watching your step-brother clench and unclench his fists.

"Yoona." He said calmly, "Please."

"I-I just found the medical records and I asked him about them and he..." Your mom's voice broke, leaving you in confusion. You didn't know what she was talking about, didn't know how to help her.

Jungkook's eyes, on the other hand, filled with a mix of dread and understanding, "I see..."

He rushed past you, already half way upstairs, shouting 'Dad!' when Yoona just shook her head, "He left."

His head snapped around and he stumbled back downstairs, grasping his coat and leaving just like that, slamming the door behind him shut.

It was impressive in a way, how Jungkook seemed to despise the fact that someone made your mother cry like that as much as you and if you wouldn't've been as clueless as you were in the moment - you would've appreciated Jungkook more than ever.

You were left alone with your shaking mother, still not knowing exactly what had happened but you waited patiently till your mom was ready to talk.

"You know, Haru seemed so off lately." Your mom began to explain as you were cuddled together on the couch.

"He never talked to me about anything, I didn't know him like that."

It was true that in the three years your mother had known Haru, he never failed to share everything with her.

"So I... I wanted to talk about it but then I found the records and- and..." Your mother tensed up, "Y/N he let her die."