6

Josephine tried her hardest not to look too eager, too winded and flushed  when she finally reached the slick shades of the courtyard. Veiled by thick oak trees, it didn't surprise Josephine when her eyes glittered over to Dante in the back of the foyer, his broad shoulders laying stiff against birch. Josephine frowned.

For Dante was not alone. A bellowing female student laid with him.

Hair like rugged silk spun to night, soft dark skin coating each slimmer of arm and leg, Josephine found herself trailing each speck of the girl and darkened. Such perfection for Josephine to find a rival so soon. As expected of the heartthrob Dante Valencio.

Nevertheless, Josephine enjoyed a challenge. And she needed Camillo's reward. Humming sweetly, she made way to Dante who stiffened at the sight of Josephine's lovely face.

Their conversation halted as they beheld her. Strangely, the black-haired girl shifted a leg towards Dante. Like a dog protecting his master.

"What a sight," Josephine murmured, her tonguing clicking at the two, then to the girl's leg. She tsked. "How sweet, but I've been waiting for some time now to talk so I need to steal darling Dante. If you don't mind—"

"I do mind, actually." The girl cut in, a certain snarl in her voice. A snarl, more like a dog than Josephine thought. "Not that I'd see the day that Josephine Williams waits on a boy. Isn't it that you make guys your bitch, or am I seeing wrong? It certainly doesn't look like that to me."

Dante said nothing. Josephine blinked. There was unknown lull in the tone of her voice, something scornful. Bitter. Hateful. Trying to get a reaction out of her.

The corners of Josephine's mouth rose. She could play this game every well.

However, Josephine bit back on that wickedness of hers. If Dante was one to feel attraction to skittish girls like Viola, Josephine had to find herself dealing with constant felines like the one in front of her. And had to do what Viola did best: chirp like an idiot.

So she smiled, ignoring the insult whole-heartily. "I'll only take a moment. I promise."

The female levied a look. Internally, Josephine scowled. Damn her, damn all of her. She'd make her pay after this was all over.

Dante spoke, his tone cool and deadly. "Only a minute."

The female tried to protest, but a flash of those icy eyes, and she relented. Frustrated, she stomped across the grass leaving the crunch of her footsteps to fill in the silence between the two as she made way, the sharpest glares willing towards Josephine.

Ignoring them, Josephine slowly turned towards Dante.

"Speak." Is all he said.

"We met this morning," Josephine explained, nearing a step forward. To which he took a step back. "When we had our little fun."

Dante's eyes flashed in icy rage. "I don't think unwanted affection is considered 'fun', Miss Williams."

Josephine blinked, and then purred. "The flush of your face said otherwise."

Yes, and now upon closer inspection, it was hard to not say Dante was beautiful. With that hollowness in those stern eyes, Josephine wanted to find them full. With pain. With pleasure.

"Miss Williams," He said, his voice so low and so cold. "Is there a reason for your interruption? Or are you here to cause more havoc?" Dante had looked like he had enough—especially as Josephine's smile turned cold and cruel.

Better all out then in. "I like you," She blurted with a stride forwards. This time Dante had the tree to block his step. Perfect. "I think we suit each other. Especially with Viola out of the way..."