I was about to grab my car key nang biglang tumayo si Iñigo at pumasok ng kwarto. He called my name before I could even get out of the apartment.

"Cha," he said.

Tumingin ako sa kanya, tahimik na naghihintay kung ano ang sasabihin niya. But even then, it's as if I could hear the ticking of the clock inside my head. Alam ko na kailangan ako ni Jax ngayon... but something about Iñigo was throwing me off.

"May... bago bang na-assign na case sa 'yo?" I had to ask.

"Wala pa," tahimik niyang sagot.

"Okay... Pero kailangan ko ng umalis," sabi ko.

But my feet couldn't take a single step.

My eyes wouldn't leave his face.

"Let's get married," he suddenly said. My eyes widened a little, but even before I could say anything, he quickly got out a navy-blue velvet box and opened it, revealing a silver ring with a small diamond in the middle. "I know..." he began as his eyes turned red. "Shit. Alam ko hindi 'to 'yung tamang panahon, but please, agree to marry me? Fuck. Wait. Mali pala," he continued and then got down on his knee. "Charisse Faith Viste, I know our relationship is not the general rule when it comes to standards of relationship... but I believe that we're the exception to the general rule and my love for you is the exception to the exception—"

"Okay," I said.

He blinked. "Okay?"

"We're living together and we're going to have a child—this is just a formality," I said as stood up and put the ring on my finger. He quickly enveloped me in his arms and I could feel the sigh of relief coming from him.

"I love you," he whispered in my ears.

"I concur," I replied.

"God, I love you so much," he repeated before cupping my face and kissing me for a few seconds.

"Iñigo, I have to go," I reminded him.

He nodded. "Yeah," he said with a little smile. "I love you, Cha. Always remember that."

I gave him a quick kiss before I headed out. Hindi ko maiwasang mapa-tingin sa kamay ko at hindi ko mapigilang mapa-ngiti tuwing makikita ko iyong singsing na bigay niya.

I always knew that he'd propose.

We share the same room and Iñigo's not good at hiding things. Matagal ko ng nakita 'tong singsing. I was just waiting for him to give me this. This would have been perfect if it happened on a day other than this... but I'd take it. At least we're engaged.

I was about to drive to Jax's condo, but he sent a text that he's in Batangas. I knew that this wouldn't be good. I knew that this would be a big problem. But he's always had my back and I'd never leave him and would give him whatever he needed from me.

Because I know that he'd do just the same for me.

Pagdating ko pa lang ay nakita ko si Jax na naka-tayo sa isang gilid. He looked like he was desperately trying to get himself together. Even from a distance, I could see him holding his trembling hand as if he was begging himself to calm down.

And his eyes... they were red.

Red with anger.

I'd never seen that before.

"Jax, what happened?" I asked.

I could see the trembling of his lips.

How tears threatened to fall again.