Chapter 46

#CTG46 Chapter 46

I was watching Iñigo from afar.

We're having a celebration because finally, after waiting for a position to be available, he's officially a prosecutor. Matagal din siyang nagtiis sa PAO kahit na ang daming offer sa kanya ever since he managed to bag the first place in the elusive BAR exam.

Everybody wanted a piece of him, but the guy's focused on his goal of becoming a prosecutor so he stayed in PAO hanggang magkaroon ng bakanteng pwesto para maging prosecutor siya.

And it finally happened.

Prosecutor Borromeo.

It has a nice ring to it.

"Ayaw niyo man lang bang magpost ng picture niyo online?" Gracey asked. She's now dating my brother, which was weird, but I love Gracey like a sister so it's fine with me... Plus my Dad really likes her. Muntik niya na nga akong ipakasal kay Rhys dati. It all ended well—magiging kapamilya niya pa rin ang mga Arevalo.

"Why?"

"Wala lang... Nagtrending na naman 'yung picture ng housemate mo," she mentioned. I was used to it already. Ever since Iñigo topped the BAR and news about him being single got out, his messenger is always filled with messages from girls. I wasn't bothered about it. If Iñigo decides to cheat, alam niya na ako pa ang magdedeliver sa kanya sa kung sinuman iyong babae niya.

"Besides," she continued. "Feeling ko kailangan na akong swelduhan ni Iñigo dahil feeling ko naging official na tanungan na ako kung may girlfriend siya. 'Di yata na-gets ng mga tao iyong speech niya nung oath taking."

My eyes were on Iñigo as he was talking to one of his colleagues. Mukhang naramdaman niya na naka-tingin ako sa kanya kaya napa-tingin siya sa akin. He smiled at me and mouthed if I needed anything from him. Simple akong umiling. This was his night. He could do whatever he wanted.

"Hay, ewan ko sa inyo!" Gracey exasperatedly said nang wala siyang makuhang matinong sagot sa akin.

I just couldn't be bother with labels anymore.

I'm happy and contented with what we have.

And... we're partners. Kagaya nang sinabi niya nung speech niya nang magtop siya sa BAR. I could still remember how he looked at me while everyone else was looking at him.

'This won't be possible without my..." he said as he struggled to find the right word to describe us. "My partner," he continued with a small smile on his face as he was directly looking at me. "Some may say that it's because of my hard work, but we both know that you're really the reason why I'm here. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for the late-night reviews. Thank you for staying up late so that I won't be alone reviewing. Thank you for the random pop quiz. Thank you for feeding me always. Thank you for making sure that I'd be at my best. Thank you for staying. Thank you for pushing me to be the best version of myself... And just thank you... for believing in me when I doubted myself."

With that in mind... I really didn't care about labels anymore.

Iñigo Borromeo is mine.

"Cha."

"What?" I asked when suddenly, Iñigo's beside me again.

"Pagod ka na ba? Gusto mong uwi na tayo?" he asked.

"No, okay lang," sagot ko.

"At saka sure ka ba na ayaw mong sumunod kina Jax sa Japan? Okay lang naman akong maiwan," sabi niya.

Today's Katherine's wedding and Jax really got away by dragging Rory to Japan with him. He asked me if I wanted to come, but I knew that it would coincide with Iñigo's celebration and as much as I love Jax, I'd choose to be with Iñigo.