Chapter 26

#CTG26 Chapter 26

I've had a total of 4 people confessed to me that they like me... and all of them received the same response—thank you... but with Iñigo sitting beside me, indirectly telling me that he likes me, I couldn't bring myself to thank him for his feelings and put an abrupt end to whatever it was...

Because I like him.

But I didn't exactly want to be with him.

He's everything I wasn't... I just couldn't see it working. And I didn't like wasting my time... And I didn't want to be distracted. Not when I was just months away from graduation and a year away from taking the most important exam of my life.

"Sorry," he said. "Wag mo ng pansinin," pagpapatuloy niya bago naglagay ulit ng mga pagkain sa paper bag.

I stared at him... and realized that I was distracting myself more by actively telling myself to avoid whatever this was. The more I tell myself na 'wag isipin si Iñigo, mas gumugulo lang ang isip ko. Curiosity's killing this cat... and I needed satisfaction to bring it back to life.

"So what if Rhys likes me? It's not like I like him," I simply said while I continued to help him sort the breakfast food. The room was cold from the air from the AC. But I was starting to feel cold sweats forming in my skin.

I wonder what's with Iñigo that's throwing me off like this...

"Gusto mo talagang malaman?" he asked, looking at me now.

"Kung gusto mong ikwento," sagot ko.

He grinned. "Nakaka-awa 'tong kwento ko... Baka lumambot 'yung yelo mong puso."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Do you have dual personality, Iñigo? Kanina lang galit ka."

He laughed. "Sorry..." he said, then continued with the sorting of food. "There's this Iñigo the frat boy and Iñigo the normal boy."

"Weirdo."

"I just do that so I can get along with the frat people."

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Easier that way, Queen Elsa," he said, smiling—the one that reminded me of sunshine and sunflowers.

"Why does it need to be easier?"

Instead of answering, he stood up. Pinanood ko kung ano ang ginagawa niya. Lumakad siya papunta sa pinto. He opened the door and looked if anyone's outside. Tapos ni-lock niya iyong pinto.

"Mababait naman 'yung iba sa kanila... Pero 'yung iba... gago," sabi niya. "Mas kailangan kong paki-samahan 'yung mga gago kasi malalakas trip nung mga 'yun."

"Why can't you just be the school's scholar? Kung ayaw mo naman pala sa kanila."

Hindi siya agad sumagot. Napa-tingin ako sa kanya... kaya naman nakita ko na naka-tingin siya sa 'kin. There was a teasing look on his face.

"Ikaw, ha... curious na curious ka na sa 'kin," he said, grinning.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up."

"Nagugustuhan mo na ko, Cha?"

I didn't answer. I just rolled my eyes again. It earned me a laugh from him. Siguro alam niya... but I just didn't want to say it yet. Saka na. Kapag lawyer na ako.

Nakaka-pagod pala 'tong ginagawa namin... To think na kung wala ako dito, si Iñigo lang ang gagawa nito mag-isa. And it's just the second week of BAR... Gagawin niya pa 'to for another two weeks... Tapos malapit na iyong finals.

Iñigo stretched his arms while yawning. Tumaas nang kaunti iyong damit niya... that toned stomach... Saan siya nakaka-kuha ng oras mag-exercise sa dami ng ginagawa niya?