Spot Conlon x Reader // Meeting

"Well," Spot tapped the table quietly, leaning back in his seat. You rolled your eyes, shifting forward, staring Jack down and trying to look threatening, which was hard, since you had docile eyes and a small frame compared to the other leaders.

"Queenie, what's it gonna be?" Spot turned to you, and you rolled your eyes, impatient about how SLOW this whole meeting was. If it was up to you, you just flat out refuse until he proved his value of the strike. Then you could've just went back home, took some sips of pine tea, taken care of your Newsies like you were supposed to, not rebelling.

You snarled and lifted your chin. "It's Y/N, first. Now, I'll take ya side on striking, Conlon," you admitted begrudgingly, and he grinned a tight smile. "Kelly, you gotta prove that you ain't fleeing at first sight o' trouble. I ain't riskin' my family in order fo' you to back ou'. Undastand?"

Jack nodded, fingers fumbling over his vest and you and Spot glanced over at eachother, each of you thinking the same thing:

He had a lot to learn about being a leader.

"Hey, kid,"Spot grinned, and Jack turned around, about to leave. Spot looked him down. "You wanna be a leada, act like one."

Jack nodded quietly and left, but not before spit shaking both of your hands one more time.

Maybe, just maybe, this century would be a good and new one.

"Well," you muttered, gathering your cap and shoving on your vest half-heartedly, "that concludes our meeting, Conlon."

" 'ppose so."

"Let's see what this Kelly boy does with the new century, yeah? Maybe we do deserve a raise," you smirk, before waving and exiting the room.

Spot smirked to himself, waving lazily.

This century it was, he was sure.

...

Sorry, this is mostly platonic, but I'm tired and stressed about some things.

SO yeah, happy update.

Bye!