Evan Hansen x Reader // Opposites Attract

Here ya go, @sincerelyconnor!

Hope you liked it :)

Sorry it took so long! Normally I'd get it one sooner, but I've been a little busy. Anyway, sorry again!

...

It was a total mystery on why a quiet, shy boy would get into the same college as a loud, extroverted girl.

It was also interesting that you had the same interest: science.

Both of your favorite colors were (F/C), you both had good grades in college, but it was that one, notorious difference that you both had: social level.

...

"I'm sorry, but he is just SO quiet," you muttered loudly, Melanie (throwaway name sorry) rolling her eyes.

"I'm sure," she mumbled, and you glared at her, throwing your arms up in exasperation.

"Ya know," she said, taking a sip of her frozen hot chocolate, "maybe you should make an effort to be nice. A peace treaty. Watch a documentary on something you both like. Like, I dunno, I heard Evan likes trees, studying to be a botanist."

"Riiiiight," you laugh, no humor present. "Watch a documentary on trees as a peace offering. Melanie, that sounds like the dumbest idea I've ever heard." Desperate to change the topic, you mumbled, "You going to Jake's Halloween party on Friday?"

"Hell yeah," she smirked. "Whatcha goin' as?"

"Not sure yet," you brightened. "Maybe, like, I dunno, a devil?"

"Overdone," she rolled her eyes. "You should go as a tree."

You both dissolved into giggles and she nudged your arm. "It's not a terrible idea."

"Yes, it absolutely is," you shot back.

"But anyway," you grinned, changing the topic again, "how about this. Since you're so desperate for me to be with Evan-" Melanie rolled her eyes and took another sip, "I'll go to what he wants and then I'll drag him to a party."

"Not a terrible idea," she pondered. "But poor Evan. He's gonna have a hard time keeping up with you."

"Compromises, Mel."

"I know, I know. Now, go find him and talk to him; I have to go anyway." She rose up from the wooden seat hugged you from behind. Walking to the door, she whisper-yelled, "If you guys get together I get ten bucks!"

You rolled her eyes and flipped her off, and you could hear her laughing.

Let's just hope this works.

...

"S-sure," Evan tried to smile, but inside, he was freaking the flip out.

The girl who had somehow ended up on the other side of his dorm room was inviting him out, and well, (being the precious boi he is,) he had no idea how to respond.

"Great," you clicked your tongue. "So we'll watch whatever you want tomorrow, and then we'll go to Jake's party on Friday. Cool."

"S-s-sounds good."

"Alright."

...

You patted the soft couch beside you, and Evan sat down nervously.

"Don't worry," you grinned. "Its not going to explode."

A look of horror crossed Evan's face, and you couldn't help but laugh sheepishly.