Squip x Reader Angst (Unedited, Sorry) // Better This Way

"It's better this way."

Why were those the words you had always heard in your life?

You didn't understand back then, but...

You weren't a naive little girl forever.

...

"Jacob...h-how, could you!" you hear your mother shriek.

"Christene, I-"

"I'm leaving," your mother says, and you peek into the room, looking at her frantically grab her bags and stripper crap before she walked out, shoving you out of the way.

"Take the brat. I don't need you or your little slut, and I never will!"

Your father sighed heavily, tears brimming at his eyes, at you stared, confused.

"Why did mommy leave?" you ask, twiddling your fingers quietly as the aftermath of what happened hit your dad.

"I don't know, honey," he said, lying through his teeth. He knew why your mother left. She assumed he was cheating because he stayed out with friends. His quiet nature didn't help either.

"But don't worry, honey, I'll give you the best life you can, and I promise you, it is better this way."

...

You wiped the tears from your eyes, remembering.

You see your Squip look at you confused, hurt clearly on his face, probably from hurting you and bringing that memory back. You try to surpress the memories, but you can't, and tears still silently make their way down your face.

...

"Dad. Why am I here?" you say stone cold, fingers tapping on the frosted window.

"Y/N," he said, running his fingers through his hair.

"I know. I know! I KNOW!" you wailed, banging your fist on the window.

It hurt your father to see you like this.

"I get it! You're in the military! You have to work! Okay! I get it!" you say again, white rage consuming you.

"I just wish I had a normal family, okay!" you say quietly, feeling your rage simmer down slightly.

A normal family he wasn't able to provide.

"Y/N, it's for you. I'm sorry, but it's better this way. You know I don't want to send you away. I love you forever and always," your dad whispers, sadness synced in his voice.

There was a bitter silence.

"I hate you," you snap one more time, slamming the car door shut. You silently walkover to the boarding school, never once looking back.

You wish that wasn't the last words you ever said to him.

...

"Y/N-I-I didn't know," your Squip stutters, staring at your tear-stained face.

"That's bullshit and you know it," you feel yourself say, and your Squip's fists tightened.

"Excuse me?" he growled, his voice low. He melted into his physical form and forced you against the wall, hand grabbing your shirt.

"I didn't bleed into your privacy unless I needed to. Don't you dare-" he glared at you, "tell me I looked at your memories. Don't you dare-" his normally even and smooth voice, was hurt and broken. "tell me I AM NOT THE CAUSE OF THIS! I ruined your chances with him forever, Y/N."

"I know," you whisper. "But it isn't better this way. It can't be better this way. What-" you leaned into him, "what will I do without you?"

"You'll have to find out," he said quietly, and raised the bottle to his lips.

No.

NO.

NO!

"SQUIP!" you shriek, tackling him to the floor in a hug. "WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU-"

"Y/N," he said quietly, continuing to glitch away, out of existence.

"I love you."

You locked lips with him, before he put a hand on your shoulder, pixilating away.

...

You chugged the drink down numbly, hoping that maybe it would be your Squip.

And there it was.

Not him, but your new Squip.

"You look terrible," he commented, observing you.

"Thank you," you reply quietly.

"I-"

"Wish I had a different host? Wish I would die? Wish I could be better for you? Sorry, I'll try harder next time," you say.

"Why aren't you upset at my comments?" he said, lifting your chin, an almost caring look crossing his face.

"Because I've lost everything."