JD x Reader: Memories

By the way, this is going to be styled differently than my normal one-shots. I dunno, I just feel like doing something different.

Also! You are practically as insane as he is, so...

You have been warned!

By: BobaTea

...

Toddlers.

"Y/N?" You hear Jason call you, his voice echoing in his backyard.

"Hewo!" you reply, stepping around the corner to find him, and you wave shyly.

He smiled at you quietly and waved you over, pointing to what he was building.

"What awe you dowing?" you asked, sitting in the sandbox and watching him with fascination.

"I'm bwuilding a castle!" he said, raising his shovel in the air like a king raising his flag.

You giggled, grabbed another shovel and started adding more sand to the castle.

"Y/N?"

"Yah?" you asked, adding some more water to the sand.

The tower wasn't looking half bad.

"I rweally lwike you," Jason says shyly, and you hug him.

"Lwet's get mawwied!"

"Yweah!"

"Y/N, Jason! Come in for lunch!"

"Yes, Mrs. Dean/Mom!" you both reply, getting up, brushing sand off you, and hastily hurrying to the house, hand in hand.

...

Elementary.

"I-I'm so sorry," you say quietly, putting a hand on Jason's shoulder.

It was taking all your force not to throw him in a hug and never let go.

"It's fine." Jason says, wincing at the touch of your hand, his voice cold and unbalanced.

Part of him sounded like he wanted to break down, and part of him sounded like he was practically emotionless.

"It's okay not to be alright-" you start, before he violently cuts you off-

"I'M. FINE!" Jason whirls around and raises him arm, and you cower against the wall, afraid, as well as bracing yourself for impact.

His dark eyes meet your frightened E/C ones and soften, and you could only see some coherent thought going in his head:

She's afraid of me. I'm turning into a monster.

He slowly lowers his hands and curls up, sitting on the floor.

"Y/N, I-I'm sorry, I-I"

"I know," you reply softly, eyes meeting his.

You try to intertwine your fingers with his, and this time, he doesn't wince, resist, or fight with you, instead, takes your fingers in his and looks up at you.

"You clear your throat awkwardly and say, "My father died in a plane crash three years ago. I know how you feel."

Jason nods his head, tears pricking at his eyes again, and he shakes his head, trying to get rid of them.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."