You and Brooke decided just to meet at Montana's house instead of the awkward "pick me up date thing."

It was supposed to be a small party, but when you walked through those doors it was filled with people you didn't even recognize. But you immediately seen Brooke and made your way over to her.

"Tana really went all out." You comment and Brooke nods, taking a sip of her drink.

"Yeah. Can't say I'm surprised, it's Montana. She doesn't know what small really means. Must be Opposite Day."

You gently take the drink out of her hand and raise it to your lips, Brooke watches in awe as you finish her drink.

You can see in the corner of your eye that she's staring at your lips, and you just want to seal the deal and lean forward.

But is that what she wanted? Of course, that's what she wanted. She was staring at your lips for crying out loud!

"I'm just gonna find Montana." You say quietly trying to keep your composure. You start to walk off but she grabs the top of your arm and swings you around.

"Montana's fine." She smirks as you look around the room. "You're pretty nervous tonight, Y/N. I kind of like it."

Screw it. She was obviously flirting with you and you would be really dumb to not kiss the girl in front of you so you began to slowly lean in. But of course, you were interrupted by none other than Montana.

"Shots, anyone!" Montana exclaims loudly in yours and Brooke's ear. "You two look like you could use some shots."

You and Brooke accepted the drinks and gulped them down, they were sour and vile but Montana kept handing you more  drinks and you two just kept accepting.

Montana eventually left you two alone because she was getting aggravated with you guys laughing at everything and nothing all at once.

She even took advantage of you and Brooke being drunk by running upstairs and grabbing her Polaroid so she could snap a few shots of you and Brooke acting like fools.

I can't fight this feeling any longer

Brooke gasps. "I love this song!" She exclaims as she grins like a small child would.

And yet I'm still afraid to let it flow

It could've been the effects of the alcohol taking it's course in your system, but you felt this sudden confidence you just couldn't explain.

What started out as friendship has grown stronger

"Do you want to dance?" You ask, stretching your hand out for her to take.

I only wish I had the strength to let it show

"But it's a slow song." She says like that fact somehow matters.

You lift your shoulder, shrugging. "Who cares? I want to dance with you and I know you feel the same, that is unless you're afraid."

I tell myself that I can't hold out forever

"I'm not afraid." She denies, finally accepting your hand and letting you lead her out into the middle of the room.

I said there is no reason for my fear

You let go of her hand and then gently but firmly place your hand on her hip. Brooke wraps her arms around your neck and soon you two are swaying.

'Cause I feel so secure when we're together

At first it was really awkward, like slow dancing at a middle school dance, but once you two locked eyes that's when it felt special.

You give my life direction, you make everything so clear