Chapter 26

Dalton has to work. Not the fun work we both love to do together, but the separate work jobs we have. While I have work at Blitz, a smoothie shop, Dalton works at Ricky’s, a sports shop. Which is ironic, Dalton doesn’t really like to play sports.

I haven’t heard from any of the girls or the IM5 crew. So I drove by Milio’s and got Dalton’s favorite sandwich and chips for lunch. Obviously, as a surprise. Cause’ let’s face it, I’m the best girlfriend ever when I want to be.

I walked through the mall, heading to the other end where Ricky’s is. Why I didn’t park in that parking lot? I don’t know. I need the exercise I guess.

I recognized some chipper laughter. I turned my head in the direction it was coming from to see ALL the girls coming out of Starbucks; holding their expensive coffee, giggling, and talking. Honestly, it hurt it a bit. Why didn’t they call me up? I walked over to them and, with a smile I plastered on my face, I said, “Fancy to see you here.”

“Hey, Rox. Watcha dooin here?” Brianna asked.

“Funny… I could ask you guys the same thing.” I replied. Not answering. They didn’t need to know I was taking lunch to Dalton. Especially since he doesn’t know about it. Knowing them, one of them would text and let him know I’m on my way down there to give him lunch.

“Oh, we’re just have a girls day.” Tea stated. Then all of them went into a roll of laughter. What is so funny? The ache in my stomach grew a bit. What is that? Am I jealous? Upset? Well yeah… they didn’t ask me to come. I didn’t have anything going on today. It’s why I’m even bringing Dalton lunch in the first place. A late lunch I might add.

I made some fake laughter, then asked, “What’s so funny?”

“Oh… Nothing…” Faith replied. They all looked at each other, looking on the verge of laughing again.

“So you say you’re having a girls day?”

“Yup.” Samantha chirped.

“Well, I’m a girl… and you didn’t invite me.” I replied, a little solemnly, and looked at the ground.

Brianna playfully pushed my shoulder. “You know you’re not into shopping.”

“You don’t know that.” I snapped. They all went into a fit of laughter once again. I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, guys, it’s not that funny.” All of them stopped laughing immediately.

Brianna replied with a small frown. “We didn’t think you’d want to come. We didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.”

I made a hysterical laugh. “You guys didn’t hurt my feelings.” All of them shot me looks. I huffed. “So what if you did? Can’t change it. I gotta go.”

“What do you got in your hand there?” Brianna asked, pointing at the Milio’s bag. Shit.

I shook my head. “It’s nothing. Just my lunch.”

Darby smirked. “Last time I checked, there’s no Milio’s in this mall. You’re bringing Dalton lunch, aren’t you?”

I shrugged. "So what if I am?” But then I added, pointing my finger between all of them. “I swear, if any of you text him, I will break your phone.” They all clutched onto their phones for dear life. Well, solves that problem. Except for Darby, she just gave me a bored look but I know she wouldn’t tell him.

I made a small laugh. “Well I do have to go. See you later.”

“You can join us after you’re done taking Dalton his lunch… If you want.” Tea said as I turned my back on them.