Chapter 12

Love is a crazy thing. Or should say I people and their relationships are crazy. It’s been about a month since I’ve put Tea and David together and they’re still lovey-dovey. And I mean lovey-dovey that makes you want to vomit. I’m not hating because I’m not in a relationship- I have more dignity than that. I’m not even saying I am hating. It’s just I would like to see them not looking each other in the eyes constantly or telling one another to, ‘Stop it’ and ‘No, you stop it’. When they’re not doing that and they’re just holding hands like all the other couples, it’s adorable.

Progress on finding Gabriel’s girl has not moved forward that much. There are a lot of girl’s in that specific Government class. I’ve been trying to pick up some signals or something that would lead me to who she is but Gabriel is good. And I mean good. He doesn’t really gaze at most of the girl’s in class. He doesn’t try to steer clear of any of them. He just doesn’t do anything that would lead me to who she is. So I pretty much have nothing besides a hunch on a few of the girls.

I, honestly, couldn’t answer why I’m trying to get everyone together. I would probably say so I don’t have to focus on my own relationship status and deal with my feelings. Also because I have no life and sometimes budding into other people’s lives can be fun. Plus I’m doing it out of kindness and from deep in my heart. I mean well and I want all of them to be happy.

Being famous sometimes can diminish your chances of having a ‘normal’ teenage life. Now, I’m not going all Hannah Montana but it’s kind of true. Then again, I never knew Dalton was ever “famous”. I’ve always known him as the guy who's trying to start his own band, lives with his grandma and helps her out, cares about the ones he loves, and just supports his own. No essence or aspect of a famous person. I may be being stereotyping, but still.

***

I walked into the Government room and plopped myself right down next to Gabriel. I will find out- one way or another. I’m dead serious, today is the day I find out who Gabriel’s girl is.

“Gabriel?” I asked sweetly.

He side glanced at me, then looked back at the board. “No.”

“I didn’t even ask what I was going to ask.” I tried not yelling or making my voice break.

“You don’t need to because I already know. And the answer is no.”

I sighed. “Why are you so against this?”

“I don’t want to drag her into the whole band mess.”

I rolled my eyes. No offense, I think he’s overthinking how popular IM5 is.

“Honestly, you wouldn’t be dragging her into anything. So, who is her?” I pushed.

“Not telling you.” He said as this one girl, Sophie, walked into the room.

She made a shy smile and wave at Gabriel.

He did the same back. Then he watched her until she sat down in her seat up in the front.

How did I not catch that before? Wait, he likes Sophie? Well, she is really pretty- red, straight hair, green eyes, and her style is slightly vintage. Plus she’s crazy smart; I heard she’s top of the class.

“You like-“

“Sshh.” He glared tiny daggers at me.

It’s no secret that she obviously likes him back. Is he afraid that she likes him for being in IM5 other that just him? I can tell it’s genuine.

“Go talk to her.” I stated.

He retorted, “I do talk to her.”

“I meant right now. Go ask her out or I will do it for you.”

He looked over at me with a serious face. “You wouldn’t?”

I shrugged and leaned back in my seat, crossing my arms across my chest. I heard him huff and the seat squeak a bit from him getting out of it. Two minutes later it squeaked again, signaling he had sat down.

I looked over at him with a smirk and asked in a baby voice, “Now was that so hard?”

He rolled his eyes and didn’t say anything more as he looked forward. I got up and started to head to the back where I usually sit next to Dalton, but stopped when I heard my name. I looked over my shoulder back at Gabriel with a raised brow.

He made a shy smile. “Thanks.”

“It was all you.” I replied.

“But I did need that little push.” He said back.

I nodded with a smile and went back to my seat next to Dalton.

“He finally asked Sophie out?” Dalton asked, a little bit of shock in his voice.

“Wait! You knew it was Sophie he likes the whole time?” Dalton nodded, slowly clearly afraid of setting me off. I huffed. “Why didn’t you tell me? I’ve been trying to figure this out for like a month.”

“Sorry?” He offered. I rolled my eyes. Then he asked again, “So he did ask her out?”

I nodded. “Yeah with the help of me.”

“Figures.” Dalton muttered.

“What was that?” I asked, looking over at him.

Dalton huffed. “Nothing.”

“Doesn’t sound like nothing.” I replied back.

“You really want to know?” Dalton asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t care…”

“It’s just that he listened to you about asking her out, but none of the guys. The guys and I have been telling him to ask her out for like two weeks now when he told us. But the minute you find out and tell him to, he does it.” Dalton explained.

“Sometimes a girl opinion matters more.”

Dalton stuck his tongue out at me. “He should be listening to his bros and not-“

I cut him off with a look that said not to finish it. He knows I’m not. I’ve never done anything more than kissing and I don’t go around doing that. I leaned over and punched him in the arm. “I’m more of a bro than you.”

Dalton scoffed. “Not like you have the parts for it.”

I smirked. “I don’t need the right parts. Just the right attitude and friend.”

“So you just keep me around to be more of a bro?” Dalton asked with a bit of sarcasm.

Still smirking, I looked at the front of the room. Eventually, I leaned over and whispered, “No, I keep you around cause you’re the best.” Then I sat back in my seat and quickly glanced over to see Dalton smiling. I wonder if I should just go for it…