Chapter 16

I was ambushed by Brianna and Faith when I got home. Tea and Sophie had to go home. Before I answered any of their questions, I stripped out of the clothes I was in and put on a big tee. I didn’t realize it was Dalton’s until after I put it on and it made me think about how he wasn’t at school at all this past week. He would never purposefully miss a whole week of school. Then I started to think about him; period.

Cole kissed me! And I kissed him back! What are we now? I don’t know if I like Cole enough to be in a relationship with him. I mean, yeah the kiss was amazing and the date ended up being a blast, but I still don’t know. Gahh!! This is so frustrating!

I didn’t notice I was just standing and looking down at the shirt. Not until Brianna snapped her fingers in my face and asked, “Are you okay, Rox?”

I nodded and gave her a small smile. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“So how did the date go? Where did you guys go?” Faith asked.

“Oh, right, that… it was a lot of fun. He ended up taking us to War Paintball and we won. Well, more accurately, I won. Cole was disqualified after beating up a guy.”

“What?!” Both of them exclaimed. Mainly because of the last part I'm assuming.

“Yeah, it was over a lousy comment towards me. I already had shot the guy out but Cole still proceeded to beat him up and get himself disqualified. But all in all, we came out on top. All those guys were so mad!” I started to laugh thinking back to a couple hours ago. That was a great game. I’ll have to take Dalton sometime and we could use the band name for our team name.

“Wait, you were the only girl?” Faith asked.

I nodded in reply.

She proceeded to ask next, “And you won? Against all of them?”

I nodded again. “Yeah, what’s so shocking about that? My dad and I used to go all the time.”

“It’s not shocking. That is so awesome!” Faith stated.

I smirked. "You got that right.”

Brianna whacked me in the arm. “So what else happened?”

“He kissed me.” I muffled into my chest.

“He kissed you?!” Both of them screamed.

I pretended to clean my left ear out. “Would you guys stop screaming? I’d like to be able to hear."

Brianna leaned in closer to me, raising her eyebrows up and down, and teased, “So how was it?”

I sighed. “It was okay.”

“It was okay? Just okay?” Brianna pushed.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, it was just okay. Now, can we drop it?”

“What are you guys now? What about Dalton?” Faith asked softly.

I shrugged. “I know I don’t like Cole enough to be in relationship. But, honestly, I don’t know how to break it to him. I mean, he told me the reason why he beat that guy up over the stupid comment was because he really likes me.”

Both of them took in breaths between their teeth.

Brianna stated, “That’s not good.”

In a ‘duh’ voice, I stated back, “No shit Sherlock. I don’t know what I’m going to do. And I know I should tell Dalton about everything including the k-“

“Would you turn the music down, Rox?” Mom yelled. When did she get home?

“I’m not playing music.” I yelled back.