Chapter 19

That same asshole from about a month ago is back and his attitude hasn't changed. He still wants to be served first even though he was last out of like ten people.

“Tea, you almost got that BB done?” I asked as I poured two PB’s in cups, putting lids on them, and set them up on the counter with straws.

I yelled, “Two PB!”

“Hey, lady! Where’s my Blueberry Blitz?” The asshole yelled. That is his official nickname. Screw the customer is always right.

“Bro! There are other people here besides you who ordered before you.” I tried to emphasize the word before, hoping to get through his thick skull. But hopes should never be set up high.

I started up a blender that had strawberries, kiwi, banana, and orange juice in it. Obviously, ice mixed in there too.

“Tea, what is taking you so long on that BB?” I looked over to her side to see it vacant. Where the hell did she go? She better have a good reason for abandoning me like this. I grabbed another blender on my side to start up a double order on BB. I poured the strawberries, kiwi, banana, and orange juice smoothie into a cup. I put the lid on and set it up on the counter with a straw.

“Justin! Yours is ready.” I shouted. Yep, Justin decided this would be the best day to come visit me on a work day.

I stopped the blender with the BB and poured them out. It was my last round. I set them up on the counter and looked straight at the asshole.

“Your BB is ready, sir. Happy?” I sneered.

He shot me the same look back, but didn’t say anything as he took it and left. God, no wonder he comes in here by himself. He probably has no wife or kids. I mean, seriously, treating people like that on a daily basis doesn’t get you anywhere in your social life.

I let out a deep breath and cleaned up my station. I perked up a bit when I saw Cole walk in. He was by himself. I haven’t talked to him since the song incident. He hasn’t texted me so I figured I’d give him the space that he clearly wants. But he is coming here so maybe now he’s okay.

I smiled. “Whad up, buttercup?”

He smiled back and, with a raise of brow, he questioned, “Buttercup?”

I rolled my eyes. “It’s a figure of speech.”

Cole laughed. “Right… Nothing much. Thought I’d come by to see you before I have to go do more rehearsals and, then later, we have an interview.”

“Right… So no paintball tonight?”

He shook his head. “Nope. But you know it’s always you in the end.”

I reached over the counter and lightly pushed his shoulder. “That’s because you always end up beating on a guy. I’m surprised they haven’t banned you yet.”

Cole put his hands up in surrender. “Can a guy not defend his girlfriend?”

“No, he can…” I smirked. “When needed.”

“Hey!” Cole pointed a finger at me. “All those guys want is to get in your pants.”

“And you don’t?” I retorted, wiggling his finger in his face.

Cole leaned closer, grabbing my finger, but didn’t kiss me. “I’m getting closer.”

“In your dreams.” I stated, then kissed him. “You want something to go?”

“Mmm, yeah, now that I think about it. I’ll have a Strawberry Bananza.”

“Coming right up.” I scooped some strawberries and banana pieces into a blender. Then poured milk and ice into it and started blending it. When it was done, I poured it into a cup, put a lid on it, and set it up on the counter with a straw.