Chapter 10

“Hey, Rox.” A voice whispered. I swatted my hand in the direction of where it came and the person grabbed it; making it warmer. I cracked one eye open to see a grinning Dalton.

“What?” I groaned. It can’t be nine o’clock already.

“You’re gonna hate this but it’s time to get up.” Dalton replied his smile fading a bit; he does know I hate to hear that. I didn’t make a move to get ready. I don’t want to get up yet. Dalton asked, “Am I going to need to carry you?”

I rolled over onto back and sighed loudly. “No, I need to take a shower. Are the other two up?”

“Not yet. How about you hop in the shower quick while I get them up?” Lately, he’s been kind of sounding boyfriendy… It doesn’t bother me, but it’s just a little weird. Only a little.

I sat up and looked him over at him mumbling, “Mkay.”

Even though I wasn’t in my own shower at home, that shower was one of the best shower’s I’ve ever had. The water felt so great on my skin; washed off all the dirty grim that built up. I’m exaggerating a bit but you still get what I mean.

I had to put on the same clothes from the day before- red skinnies, black Green Day American Idiot shirt, and my grey vans, the only shoes I brought and wore. I finished cleaning up and packed up all my stuff. Dalton, Faith, and Brianna already headed out to the car. I have to check us out though since it’s under my name and account.

I walked downstairs and over to the front desk. This time it was an older guy- gotta be in his early thirties at least.

“I’d like to check out room 127.” I said, setting the two room keys on the counter.

He looked up from the computer for a second to give me a smile, then went on to check me out. Good, no small talk. Just get me checked out and no awkwardness. I gave him a small nod, then left the hotel and headed out to where I last remember parking the car. It was there and the three of them were standing outside of it with their luggage.

“Why didn’t you guys load up?” I asked.

“We don’t have the keys.” Dalton answered. Right… I reached into my messenger bag and grabbed them out, then unlocked the car and popped the trunk. We loaded up our bags in the trunk and ourselves into the car.

“What are we getting for breakfast?” Brianna asked, putting herself between Dalton and I.

“I don’t know.” I said. “It might be an hour or so before we actually eat. We need to get on the road.”

Brianna slumped back next to Faith. “Okay.”

I looked over at Dalton with a ‘really?’ look. I’m hungry too. I bet we all are. Now, I wish I had told her to find a hotel with complimentary breakfast- we could have taken some of it with us.

“Hey, Dalton, pull into that Boppy’s gas station.” I pointed towards the other side of the road on the left.

He nodded and turned us into the gas station parking lot, then parked the car.

I moved so I could see all three of them. “Okay, I’m the only one running in. So tell me what you want right now. One at a time.”

I pointed at Brianna to go. “I’d like a mocha Starbucks frappe and brown sugar pop tarts.”

“Breakfast of a champion." I joked.

 Then I pointed at Faith to go. “I’d like orange juice and some kind of breakfast sandwich.”

“Yes, you’re just like me.” I was about to point at Dalton to go, but realized I already know what he’s going to say.

I jogged inside, picked up a package of the pop tarts and went to grab the drinks. I, magically, somehow, managed to balance everything in my arms. Drinks, sandwiches, piece of pizza, and package of pop tarts- everything. I unloaded everything on the counter and the girl overlooked everything with a bored look. “Is that all for you, today?”