Chapter 13

There was a knock at the front door, so I went to open it. Only to see Cole standing there. What is he doing here? Honestly, I'm a little shocked.

"Hey, what're you doing here?" I asked.

"Thought you might need some company." Cole replied with a genuine smile.

I shrugged. "Why would I?"

Cole made a small huff. "Are you always going to be this tough?"

I shrugged again. "I don't know." It became quiet and I was a little uncomfortable. Finally, I asked as I moved to the side, "Would you like to come in for a bit?"

He smirked. "Well if you're asking..."

I rolled my eyes and shut the door. My mom's working tonight so I won't be getting hammered with questions. The reason I'm home, alone, on a Saturday night is because I have no date and Cole apparently doesn't either. All the guys are out on dates, except Dalton- he's helping his grandma move furniture tonight, on a Saturday night when he could be out with me, that's just the kind of guy he is. When I say he would be out with me, I mean we'd just be hanging out at my house and doing stuff like playing our guitars, singing off random lyrics we come up with, listening to music, and getting into silly arguments over those and other things. I'm not entirely sure I can do that with Cole... Does he even play the guitar and can he actually write lyrics?

Cole followed me into the kitchen and, naturally, I asked, "You want something to drink or eat?"

"Do you have any pop?" Cole asked while sitting down at one of the chairs we have at the island.

"Red Dew or Blue Dew?"

"Is that all you have?" His tone was on the edge of being snotty. Figures, he's probably used to have hundreds of options for drinks.

I rolled my eyes before looking over at him with a raised brow. "Is that not enough options for you pop boy?"

Cole made a tiny huff. "I'll have a Blue Dew."

"Coming up." I grabbed a Blue Dew can out of the fridge, popped the tab, and slid it across the counter. Cole stopped it with his hand and took a sip of it. I grabbed myself a Red Dew, popped the tab, and took a sip of it. I leaned on the island's counter and asked, "So Mr. popstar doesn't have a date tonight?"

"Okay, one, would you please stop it with the nicknames? They're kind of hurtful. And two, no, I don't. None of the girl's in this town are worth it, except for one..." So Cole does have some feelings, shocking... And it's no secret that he's referring to me.

"Sorry, didn't think they'd hurt you. And really? You're saying I'm worth it? Why?"

"Are you saying you'll go out with me?" He raised a brow and took another sip of his Blue Dew.

I shook my head. "In your dreams. Just answer my questions."

He shrugged. "Well, yeah... You're different, in a good way. Plus I'm just... drawn to you. That's about as good of an answer you're going to get." Cole leaned back in his chair. "So what about you, Mrs. rock? You don't have a date tonight?"

I couldn't help but mentally roll my eyes at his use of Mrs. Rock. Really creative Cole, it's not like I haven't heard that one before. That  and it's closely like Mr. Pop.

"Nope." As usual I popped the 'P'.

"That's all you're going to say?"

"Were you looking for more?" I took a sip of my Red Dew.

"I expected more considering I told you more than a nope." He mimicked my popping of the 'P'. He took a big swig of his Blue Dew.

"Well if you'd like to know, the guy I would like to go out with tonight is busy."