Chapter 2

We all walked out into the parking lot, Dalton and I heading towards my old 1980’s red beetle- yeah, she’s seen better days, but I love her to death. She was the last gift I ever got from my dad before he passed. Now, it’s just my mom and I living in the somewhat big, empty house.

I turned around to see that the five morons were still following and one in particular was following me too closely for my liking. I think you can guess who.

“So how’re we all going to get to Subway? We all can’t fit in my car, and Dalton doesn’t have a vehicle.” I asked, looking at Cole; he seems to be the head of the group.

Cole batted his hand at me. “Don’t worry, we’ll have our limo driver follow you.”  

I knew my jaw dropped. “You’ve got to be shitting me? You guys are ridiculous.”

Cole only laughed. “I'm kidding. I’ll be driving us in the black SUV over there.” He pointed towards the top of the parking lot where a black SUV sat, baking in the sun. They’re all going to regret wearing jackets- I can tell you that right now. Here in LA, it’s hot all the time! I mean, I still wear jeans- mostly skinnies- and plaid flannels. I’ve taken on the Nirvana look with beanies, vans, skinnies, graphic tees and plaid flannels. I’ve always worn it. Sometimes I’ll wear the occasional combat boots or uggs, but other than that, vans every day, every season.

“Alright, well don’t lose me cause I’m not going to turn around for you.” I stated, unlocking my door manually- she’s that old, I’m just lucky she does lock.

My school, Wimbledon, is notorious for cleptos. I swear, I am not one of them. I earn my belongings the hard way, with a job, where I get hard, earned money serving smoothies at Blitz. If you’d like to know, pretty much all the names of the drinks we serve have a B in them. For example, Strawberry Banaza or Blueberry Blitz- that one was actually the first drink they ever had. It’s okay, but I prefer the Pineapple Bam! Obviously, it has pineapple in it, but the bam part is mango; it’s delicious! Now that I’ve thought about it, I might go there after Subway and get one. I might have to bribe Dalton into letting me go there by getting him one with my discount. Oh well.. it’s so worth it!

“You’d leave us to get lost?” Cole asked with a raise of brow.

As I sat down into my car, I looked back at him and stated, “You must not be that bad navigating if you found Wimbledon.”

Cole gave me another amused smirk. “Was that a compliment?”

“No.” I snapped, shutting my door, then I cracked the windows down.

Cole poked his head in with the same look stuck on his face. "I’ll take it as one.”

I ignored his comment, well not completely ignored it. I gave it a eye roll before saying, “Dalton, c’mon, get in the car.”

I started up my car and leaned over to open the other door for Dalton. He climbed into the passenger seat, shutting the door behind him. He leaned and looked out my window. “We’ll meet you up at the top.”

“And hurry.” I added before pulling out of my spot.

Dalton and I were waiting like five minutes for the IM5 crew. It’s like each of them had one minute and took it slow as possible. Wimbledon’s parking lot is not that big and the hill is not that steep. I could tell Cole was taking his sweet time; even with getting into their black SUV. I heard Dana state loudly, “Holy hot!” Dalton and I couldn’t help but snicker to ourselves. You’d think they’d know.

I yelled out my window, "C’mon guys, I haven’t got all day! Actually, Brenda doesn’t have all day.”

“Who’s Brenda?” Dana asked, sticking his head out of Cole’s window, which Cole then pushed him back into his seat.