Chapter 7

“This is she.” The girl’s voice came through the other side. There was a bit of silence before she asked hesitantly, “Who’s this?”

“Oh yeah, you don’t know me.” I laughed more to myself. “I’m Roxy Ramone. I’m a friend of, Will, you’re boyfriend.”

“How do I know you’re not lying to me?”

“I swear on my life, I am not lying to you. I’m also really great friends Dalton who used to be in IM5.”

“Okay…” She didn’t sound convinced, but who can blame her? A random person is calling her and claiming to be friends with her boyfriend. I’m surprised she’s not starting to act jealous and go into a rage or something. I mean, everything you see in the magazines nowadays about pop stars and their lovers- it’s just plain nuts!  

“I have a proposition. But first, do you know, Faith, Dana’s girlfriend?”

“Yeah, she goes to the school near to mine. Plus I know her from dance.”

“Awesome.” This is going to be perfect! “So I want to get you, two, down here to LA to see the boys. You know, as a surprise because they’ve been working so hard and I know for a fact they miss you, two, a lot.”

“I’m not sure Faith’s parents will agree to that…” So can I count her in? She didn’t make that very clear.

“Leave her parents to me. Can you at least give me her number so I can call and tell her all of this?”

She made a heavy sigh. “I don’t have her number. I see her tonight at dance- actually she just got here. I’ll give the phone to her…”

“Hello? Who is this? Brianna said you wanted to speak to me?” Wow, her voice is so light. I wonder if she sings. I mean if she dances, she’s probably in some kind of show choir or something. -C’mon Rox, get back to what’s important.

“Hey Faith, this is Roxanne Ramone. I’m good friends with IM5, well not Cole so much but the rest- anyways, I have a proposition. I want to get you and Briana down here to LA to see the boys. I know they miss you a lot.”

“How can I tru-“

“You can trust her.” Brianna cut her off in the background. I couldn’t help smiling; she’s already sticking up for me.

“Okay.” Faith replied to Brianna then to me she said, “I don’t know. I mean, I’d love to do that, but I don’t think my parents will let me.”

“So I’ve heard.” I groaned. "But I think I’ll be able to convince them.”

“How do you plan on doing that? They don’t know you, and I barely know you.”

“I’m a trusting person and I would never lie. I bet they’d let you come down if they knew you’d be with a responsible adult.”

“Please don’t tell me that’s you.”

“Uh huh… Well, my mom and I.” I stated.

“If you do manage to convince my parents, how do you plan on paying for plane tickets to fly us down?”

“Who said I was flying you guys down? I’m gonna come get you guys.”

“Road trip!” Brianna exclaimed in the background.

“You got that right!” I chanted back. Last thing I heard before the line went dead was Faith groaning.