Chapter 25

Rox's POV

Yeah, graduation came and went. Not that upset. High school wasn’t the best for me until I met Dalton. I’ve been accepted to two of the local colleges, but I still don’t know what I want to do. Red Wings has really gotten some publicity thanks to the record label that IM5 is with. They came to one of our gigs one night and were just like, “We want to sign you. Dalton you know the number.” Then they were gone and next thing I now our little gigs at Hollywood Corner were gone. We’re supposed to go on tour in August and start making our first real album.

I don’t want to have to hold off college but I may have to. I’ve thought about doing online classes for on the road but then again, I don’t want to have that weight on my shoulders, on top of the tour and getting the album together already. Except, some of the album will be done before we set off on tour. We’re going to work on it during the summer.

IM5 is going back on tour. Not with Red Wings though, on their own tour. There will be a few times where our paths will cross. Faith, Brianna, and Tea still have high school to go back to in fall. Brianna and Tea will be seniors while Faith will be a junior. Brianna’s dad is going to let her stay in Cali- she’ll be living with my mom. Not before her dad drove down to meet my mom. Which it turns out, they have a lot in common. So I have a feeling it won’t be just my mom and Brianna in that house for long.

Faith’s parents, which shocked me as much as it’s going to you, let her stay for the whole year and they’re going to let her for next year. They claimed they didn’t want to have to transfer her schools again- it looks bad on her transcript or something like that. I don’t know but what I do know is, I get to keep another great friend around for the summer and for when Red Wings comes back from tour. Of course, they’re going to come see us at one of our shows along with an IM5 show. All the girls are. Sophie is going to stay back and go to one of the local colleges. Samantha and Darby are coming on tour with Red Wings. They’ll be doing the online college courses. But for now, all of us are just chilling for the summer.

If you’re wondering, Melanie and Cole are still going at it hard. All the couples are including Dalton and I- it’s almost been half a year since we officially started dating. As crazy as it sounds, Dalton and I are going to be getting a couples tattoo. The thing we’ve narrowed it down to is a guitar and a guitar pick. Dalton would have the guitar and I would have the guitar pick. We were thinking either the shoulder or inside of the right wrist.

I have no idea about the others. Honestly, in my opinion, I don’t think some of them have the guts to do it. I don’t know even if I have the guts to do it. I made Dalton swear he wouldn’t leave my side and he made an oath he wouldn’t.

***

As Dalton and I walked into the tattoo body shop, my body was shaking with absolute nerves. Dalton held my hand in attempt to calm me down and soothe them, but in no way was that going to happen. Well, not until I saw the sight I saw when we walked in. Everyone was there, and I mean everyone. Brianna, Will, Faith, Dana, Cole, Melanie, Sophie, Gabriel, Tea, David, Max, Samantha, Brad, and Darby. They were all standing around and waiting. What in the world?

Cole looked over at us and smirked. “Looks like it’s couples tattoo day.”

“I guess so…” I mumbled. Dalton and I walked to the small desk area to the kind of overweight guy that was bald, except for the monstrous beard on his face.

Dalton spoke, “We’d like a couples tattoo.”

The guy looked up at us and gruffed, “What do you lovely couple want?” Sarcasm dripped throughout lovely and couple.

“A guitar and a guitar pick with our initials in them. All black.” Dalton replied.

“What kind of guitar?” He asked, seeming naturally interested.