Chapter 15

I never thought I’d be like a regular teenage girl standing in my closet and trying to figure out what to wear. All the other times I went on a date I just threw something on and never cared. To be honest, I always just wore what I regularly do- skinnies, plaid shirt or flannel, graphic or plain tee, vans, and possibly a beanie.

Do I just wear what I usually do, or try to dress a little nicer?

Why is this so difficult?

Do girls do this all the time?

Finally, after standing for twenty minutes and getting nowhere, I called up the girls.

***

“So do I go more dressed up or not?” I asked. They all stared at me blankly. They’ve been doing that since they got here.

“Do you mean more girly?” Tea asked a little excitedly. She’s definitely a girly girl- she wears skirts most of the time.

I sighed. “I don’t know. But I am not wearing a skirt.”

“Well don’t go overboard. Just be you. What would you normally wear on a date?” Brianna asked.

“That’s just it, I haven’t tried on all my other dates. I just threw on skinnies, a flannel, and vans.” I replied flopping down onto my bed. I wonder if I’d be like this if it were Dalton… Nah! I’d do what I did on other dates. Why is it bothering me so much with what I wear on this one? Is it because I’ll been seen in public with Cole, a popular popstar? Probably…

“Well what’s wrong with that?” Sophie asked.

“I don’t know!” I exclaimed.

“Chill!” Brianna exclaimed back then more calmly. “If you want to try a little harder. Maybe instead of vans wear boots.”

“I only have one pair of black ankle booties and the last time I wore those was for a battle of the bands, a year ago.”

Tea took in a breath. “What about school dances and stuff?”

I rested on my elbows and looked over at her. “Dalton and I usually went to do our own thing.”

“What about before you knew Dalton?” Faith asked. The first time she’s spoken since they all got here.

I sat up completely. “Well, freshman year I hung out with my dad, and then sophomore year I just stayed home by myself. Then, as you guys know, that summer was when I met Dalton.” All of them gave me sad looks but then Tea and Brianna perked up.

“You for once are going to be a girl, tonight.” Tea stated matter of factly.

I shook my head. “I am not wearing a dress or skirt.”

“Who said about you wearing a dress or skirt?” Brianna asked. I gave her a serious look and she laughed. “Don’t worry. It won’t be that drastic.”

***

When all of them were done, I have to say, I looked good. They ended up putting me in grey distressed skinnies, a black tee, light denim buttoned shirt (unbuttoned and the sleeves were cuffed a bit), a red beanie, and the black ankle booties.

I strictly told them not to put on pounds of make-up and respectively they obeyed. They put on light foundation, a black and grey smoky eye shadow, and lightly dabbed on red lipstick. They left my hair alone since I wore the red beanie.

There was a knock on the door then I received a text from Cole that he was here. I took a couple of deep breaths as I walked down the stairs. Man, I forgot how hard it is to walk in heels. One of the reasons I don’t wear them. Heels are just a man’s invention to make a girl’s butt look better and make it harder for them to run away. Although my butt does look better and so do my calves in these skinnies paired with the boots. I think I might have to start wearing these more often.