Chapter 17

It wasn't a long period of time before Cole asked me to, officially, be his girlfriend. Of course, everyone had to be there. Honestly, I was speechless. I wasn’t sure what to say to him. My feelings were the same as they were that night when I caught Dalton cutting himself. But Dalton had given me a look and I had, internally, groaned and answered with a fake smile that I’d be his girlfriend. So we’re officially a couple, yay!...

In less than a week, I was up to over 10,000 followers on all of my social medias. What in the world? Is this all because I’m “Cole’s girl”? Speaking of, fans took the initiative to give us our official ship name, ‘Cox.’ I thought it was funny for just that one night of paintball, but to have it our official ship name is ridiculous, annoying, and, honestly, embarrassing. I can’t go anywhere without someone yelling, “Hey, there’s Cox girl!” or “That’s Cole’s girlfriend!”

What is so special about being his girlfriend anyways? I’ve found nothing special about it. Except for the past month, every week, he has given me a present. They’re not extravagant or anything, but they’re still presents and I haven’t gotten him anything. He assured me it’s not a big deal, but I still feel the need to get him something.

So, I set off for the mall. Yes, I am really getting him something. It’s just as shocking to me as it is to you.

I don’t really know what to get him. What do I buy a popstar that has practically everything? I figure I can go with a beanie, shirt, some kind of cologne, and shoes. That’ll make up for all four presents he’s gotten me. Which were a ‘nuff’ stitched in black on a purple beanie, a white 'Vans' tee, purple vans, and one of those perfumes from the brand PINK. The fact that he walked into Victoria’s Secret on his own and bought me perfume says a lot. I would never be caught dead in there. Which my mom doesn’t like because she loves to go there. And so do the rest of the girls.

***

I walked past Ralph Lauren store for like the seventh time. Just do it, Rox. Go in and buy him Ralph Lauren cologne. I was going to get him Calvin Klein but I noticed he likes Ralph Lauren’s better. I prefer Calvin Klein, (If you want to know, Dalton wears it. I swear, he’s trying to kill me) but Ralph Lauren smells second best. I, finally, stepped foot into Ralph Lauren and, as I figured, all the eyes merged onto me. What’s the big deal? Can’t a girl go into Ralph Lauren and get her boyfriend cologne?

I walked over to the checkout counter, where they also have the colognes. Which one would he like better? 1, 2, 3, or 4? Why can’t they just have one? I held the bottle for 1 in my right hand and 4 in my other hand. It’s the two I have narrowed down to. From the corner of my eye, I could see the guy at the register staring at me. He looked like he was going to ask me something or just say something to me, period.

I looked over at him and asked, “Hi, can you help me?”

He gave me a cheeky smile. “Yeah, definitely. What can I help you with?”

“Which cologne do the guys prefer more?” I set down the two I had in my hands.

He reached over, picking up 2, and replied, “Well, this is the one I use. What does your guy do? Sometimes that helps in choosing.” What kind of shit is that? All Cole does is go to school, boy band stuff, and hang out with friends.

“Well, he sings and dances in a boy band, IM5. Other than that, its regular guy stuff like going to school and hanging out with friends.”

“Oh, I’d go with 4. It’s more of the hard to get.” The guy set down the 2 bottle and picked up a box that had 4 on it.

“Okay…” I stepped over to be in front of the register. The guy rung of the cologne and I handed him my Blue visa card. He gave me my card back and handed me the brown paper bag that had the Ralph Lauren logo printed on it.