"Happy birthday Emy," I say. I quickly blink my eyes to hold back my tears and walk away.

"Why did you leave the box there? Do you think her grave will eat those?" I hear Jared seriously asks.

My lip gapes as I furrow my eyebrows.

Silence.

"Where are you going?" he asks again.

"Home," I say in a stern voice. I didn't bother to glance back.

"Bye, Emy," I hear him say. He speeds up his pace.

"Why did you say goodbye to her? Do you think she can hear you?" I scoff.

"Aww, look who's talking as if she didn't talk to that cold stone a while ago."

Why are you following me? Ugh!

"Georgina."

"What!?" I ask in an annoyed tone. I heard him jog, so I took giant steps.

"Haven't I told you? I am lost," he breathes out.

"I clearly heard you, okay?"

He walks beside me. The lollipop is still in his mouth. We walk in silence.

Err... I'm hungry.

We pass by a bakeshop. The smell of the chocolate and the freshly baked cake made me hungry even more. I haven't eaten anything aside from drinking a mug of hot choco.

"Those cakes," I mutter.

"Huh?" he looks at me. "What did you say?"

"O-oh, nothing."

The smell of the mozzarella made my mouth water. I look at the shop and see a Pizza Parlor.

That's it! I'm going to eat.

My steps slow down. Jared didn't notice that I'm not beside him anymore. I decided to enter the Pizza Parlor.

"I think I'm lost."

I stop in front of the shop when I remember him saying those words.

"Nah, he'll find his way back."

Right?

The employees greet me with a bright smile plastered on their faces. They wear a blue-and-white striped tee. The men wear a pair of black slacks, and the women wear a black fitted skirt. They have a beret hat on their head and a red handkerchief-like ribbon around their neck.

I ring the bell on the counter.

A petite redhead girl greets me with a bright smile across her lips. Her clothes are similar to the other female employees. Except, she wears a black apron, where her name tag is pinned.

'Hi, I'm Leslie!'

"Uh...Can I have one spaghetti and pepperoni, please?"

"And a black coffee as well," a male voice says.

I jerk my head to the side and see Jared in front of me.

"Are you with her, Sir–"

"No–" I glare at him.

"Yes," he cuts our words before we could even finish.

She nods as she writes on a small notepad. "Dine in?" she asks.

I shake my head, "No, to go."

"Name?" she says and tears the paper off the notepad.

"George."

"One spaghetti and pepperoni, to go!" she yells in the kitchen. Leslie glances back at me. She says, "Please wait for your order," and smiles at me. "I'll be making your coffee, Sir."

I rest at the nearest chair. I look around. Jared follows and sits in front of me. He crosses his arms on his chest and leans back. I lean forward and rest my chin on the palm of my hands.

"The place looks nice," I say while looking around.

"It looks old," he says while roaming his gaze. "And dusty."

I glare at him.

"Thank you for ruining every little thing I enjoy," I roll my eyes

"George!"

I hear my name being called and a ringing sound of the bell follows. I go to the counter. Leslie hands me my order.

"Thank you."

"I'll pay," Jared says and pulls his wallet out of the back pocket of his jeans.

I leave him and walk out of the place.

I don't know why but I'm annoyed.

He's getting on my nerves.

I don't want to eat anymore.

While looking around, two kids riding on their skateboards approach my direction as soon as I turn around. One of them bumps into me, which causes me to lose my balance and fall on my back.

"What the f-"

I look at Jared standing in the restaurant.

"Jared!" I yell as if he can run out of that place quickly.

I hear a loud honk and see a white car arriving. I close my eyes.

Oh, God. Please, help.

* * *

:>