#49: TaeKook; Catastrophic

TaeKook One Shot

ANGST

The sound of the keyboard rang in the room as our breaths are calmly executed. Good that my lungs are doing great even after my heart continued to break and break and just keep on breaking. The look in his eyes, they are... they are still beautiful. Amazing and stunning and... beautiful. Just beautiful. They still hold the stars in those black pupils. His iris are even more beautiful now even if I am looking at him from afar.

I want to cry.

Seeing him alone makes my heart jump even if they are broken into pieces. Does it make sense? Does it make sense that my heart still beats for him even after... everything?

I am Taehyung Jeon, used to be a Kim.

He was my best friend. Ever since we were young. My mom and his dad were the best of friends when they were in high school. So, when my mom married my dad and moved to Daegu, we would still visit them in Busan.

I was two when he was born. I was there when his mother started to cry out for help. I was outside the room where he first took his breath in. I practically raised him. We were very very very close. No one could even tear us apart. Until we both decided to study in Seoul.

And he met Jieun Lee, she's a shy and happy girl. Very pretty with a pretty voice and pretty heart and pretty mind. She's perfect. And I know Jungkook thinks the same. He thinks that she's perfect for him.

Years and years had passed and they decided to get married. It was...

...beautiful.

I was his best man and I watched every bit of the preparation. I saw how his eyes sparkled whenever he looks at her and everything was just so perfect. So, I, Kim Taehyung, the man who loved him with all his heart and the man who almost raised him and the man who had always been there for him and cared for him with all his might, I can only do nothing. All I did was watch him be happy and keep my feelings to myself.

I am fine.

Then, one day, Jungkook called me. I could hear the happiness in his voice. "Tae! You're gonna be an uncle! Jieun is..." My tears fell for some reasons. I knew why but I pushed the thoughts away. Of course, they would have a child and that is normal. I am aware that they would, but I was never ready for it. It almost broke my whole world.

But a catastrophe came, Jungkook's life fell apart and everything changed. Jieun died of giving birth. Jungkook changed and all he did was stare at his little prince, Jeon Eunjung. His parents were so worried that he might just be found dead one day, and I am way too worried too. And they came up with another catastrophe. It's fearsome but I could benefit and I should actually be happy about it. But I thought it was fine...

I am a man... with weaknesses and I ached to be loved by the person I love the most. So I agreed...

I and Jungkook got married. I became Jeon Taehyung like what I've always wanted and dreamed of. I become the other parent of his child. I took care of them. I forgot about myself but it was fine. All I want is for Jungkook to live easily. But he did not talk to me ever again.

I endured it for 5 years. But one night. He came home, drunk and on the verge of collapsing so, I helped him. I tried to put him to bed but he just kept on pushing me away. Saying all the things that I don't wanna hear.

"You're so desperate. So hopeless. Disgusting. You even agreed to marry me!" It hurts the most for all I did was think about him! For 5 years! I took care of him and his son! I cooked for them and bathe his boy! I sacrificed my youth for him! And... all I get is this?

I don't need him to love me back. All I want was to keep him by my side. But then just as I am thinking through things. He pulled me and kissed me. I don't want to have it. What I mean is I want it but not this way. I knew he's very drunk and he whispered her name. I pushed him off and ran out of the room.

That night... I thought that I did not deserve any of it and that I have to live like a human and not a servant. So I went to my son's room, his son I mean. I kissed him for the last time and took my things and left."

The studio was filled with silence. The host cleared his throat and spoke after a few minutes. "What happened next?"

"Nothing... That's the end," Taehyung said and smiled faintly. "You know... I always thought that I do not deserve him. But turns out that I am the one whom he did not deserve."