#37: TaeKook; Vampires

TaeKook One Shot 

ANGST

It's the decade of famine at Volkshire where vampires are in every corner of the street, any aisle in the city, each block in any village, searching for food, for humans, for blood.

Taehyung, the 400-year old vampire, was walking on the woods, searching for prey that would keep him alive. The only thing that he could hear is the soft crumbling sounds that his feet made when it collided with the ground full of leaves. Until he heard a baby's cry. Way too loud for him to be sure that all his possible prey would runoff. Too loud that his ears almost bled.

He followed the sound, thinking that it's a human but to his distress, he found a baby werewolf. Filled with blood and beside him was an emerald necklace.

After years of raising the boy, he just found out a massive killing of the vampires near their place. To his fear of getting the boy hurt, they fled to a far land. Finding out that Jungkook wasn't just some werewolf, but the heir of the Golden Wolves Pack, the highest-ranking wolves of their millennium. But Taehyung doesn't want the boy to be taken away from him. "He's mine." He would say.

Until one day, the most fearful day for Jungkook came. His werewolf self got fully awaken as the full moon shone so bright. At the command of his family, he fought Taehyung but the vampire did nothing but dodge his attacks. Taehyung just kept on receiving the pain as he remained as the loving father or the werewolf boy that he took care of.

"F-father..." Jungkook mumbled as he saw the bloody vampire beneath his feet. He immediately kneeled down, tears strolling down his cheeks, and heartbreaking with so much guilt.

"Silly... I-im not y-your father. I'm a-a vampire... Y-you're a wolf," Taehyung said with his weak voice. He reached for Jungkook's furry cheek as his fangs went back to his normal cute bunny teeth.

"I-i love you..."

"I love you y-you too... More t-than you c-could ever think I could," Taehyung whispered, giving up his last breath just to say those words that he's been wanting to tell him. He slowly reached for his lips and just as when he's about to kiss the boy, his time ran out.

He fell in Jungkook's arm as the boy howled in so much pain. His long and loud howl was heard even by the vampires and they understood, it was a howl of agony... from a heart that has just died together with the most important person for the wolf's life.