Ghosts of the Past

Start from the beginning

Now, I know this all sounds like white knighting or trying to call people out. But it's not. I take constructive criticism very seriously. Half of this story is born from criticism, suggestions, etc. But my point of view needs to be shown and understood. I know I can't please everyone. Jesus fucking Christ, writing this story has shown me that more than anything. But I'm trying my damnedest. And I just hit 50,000 hits on AO3, 2000 followers and 1800 favorites on FFN, and nearly 3,000 votes on Wattpad.

I guess gotta be doing at least something right.

Sorry for the long speech. I love this story, and I love the people that read and comment and laugh at my stupid jokes. Even the people who give it a try and it's not for them. I feel the need to address everything I can and make sure nothing important goes ignored.

...And since I'm doing this, no Mirio isn't just blind when phasing through things. Activating his quirk means he's blind and deaf. Light and soundwaves pass through his body. He can't receive it through his eyes and therefore is blind whenever it is activated. Not just when passing through objects. Sorry, I just needed to say that after someone commented it.  I might as well just make everyone pissed off. I got nothing to lose... except readers...fuck.

Also I'm taking another big risk with this chapter. Even bigger than the "Dad" thing. Actually WAY bigger than the "Dad" thing. I'm bringing in a character that I've wanted to do for awhile, but only now felt like it was a good time for. And they kind of subverts expectations. They do have a pretty important role for Izuku down the line. Oh boy please don't be mad at me.

...

(Fatgum Agency)

“Should...we be concerned?”

Momo stared in awe at Fatgum scarfing down literal pounds of mochi off of his desk. Tamaki shook his head. “No. This is actually his cheat day. This is usually where he makes a remark about my physique.”

*Munch* “You got that right Amajiki. Once we get you all bulked up, you’ll be able to eat anything you want and stay fit.” Tamaki pulled his sweatshirt hood up and burrowed his face inside, turning away from the group in embarrassment. The last plate of mochi was polished off, and Fatgum stood from his chair. “Sorry ‘bout that! You guys caught me during linner.”

Kirishima and Momo looked at one another in confusion, and the redhead looked back to the pro. “Uh, linner?”

“Lunch and dinner. Linner. It’s like brunch...Or second brunch.”

“Just being in the room with you makes me want to eat a salad.”

“I get that a lot. So! Amajiki brought you two along for the work study. What exactly made you two choose me?"

Kirishima smiled brightly and puffed his chest out. "You're all about resilience, power, and having a great relationship with people! I've felt behind all of my classmates for awhile and I think you are the perfect guy to teach me to better myself."

"I like your attitude! Bright, tough, and ready to rumble!" He whipped out his pen and took Kirishima's papers, signing quickly. "Now how about you?" He said, turning to Yaoyorozu. "You were Edgeshot's student. He already sent a billion messages telling me to take you in...and a couple death threats saying not to hurt you. But I want to hear you out for myself."

Momo gave a small smile, happy that her mentor still remembered her fondly. But, she then realized she didn't really have a great reason like Ejirou.

"Well, my quirk also uses the fats in my body. I was hoping you could teach me all about conservation and such. Perhaps help me push the limits of what I can create."