Chapter Six

(I do not own the quote above)

Louie's POV

      We fought. Me and Webby...fought. We were supposed to be in this together, trying to help Huey and Dewey but Webby doesn't even want to be near me now. I mean I don't want to be near her either right now, but she was so pissed at me even though she broke our promise. I can't really say anything without sounding like a hypocrite though, so I will shove all of these intense feelings down to the bottom of my stomach and leave it be. "Louie time for Breakfast!", I heard Huey yell from downstairs. I'm not leaving my room though, just not in the mood to deal with people right now I guess. I sighed and stared into the mirror hanging from one tiny nail on the beige wall. It was intense, instead of the soft look in my eyes it was like a glare, but I knew I wasn't glaring. Was I? I blinked a few times and I could hear Huey's bright voice ring in my ears again. I decided to get up, I still had to talk to Huey today, I opened the tall bedroom door and suddenly five deep words echoed through my head, 'All the fighting is inevitable'. 

      I walked downstairs with unintended slowness, still trying to comprehend the five words. I finally made my way to the dreaded dining room seeing Webby and Dewey by each other flirting and laughing, it made me sick. I sat down across from the and pulled my phone out trying so hard to ignore them. I looked up at them with the most wicked glare and opened my mouth to speak but I shut my mouth having an instant realization. I pushed my chair back with force and darted to the kitchen to see the one and only Huey making breakfast. "Huey, Huey", I called out getting his immediate attention. He turned his head slightly and made eye contact with me, "What is it?", he asked. I walked toward him slowly watching him anticipate my answer, and I stood next to him with unwanted eagerness. "All the fighting is inevitable", I spoke out crisp and clear. His eager look dropped to a confused frown, "What?". I pushed my body up against the counter top and repeated myself, "All the fighting is inevitable". He shot me a look of utter confusion and said, "Yes I heard you but would you like to emphasize". 

. . .

      I ate my pancakes like a wild animal, totally forgetting that the unwanted couple was in front of me. I was too eager to tell the tall red duck my theories, and have him tell me his side of the story, that if I didn't have a cup of water in front of me I probably would've choked to death. I hopped up out of my seat and took my plate and cup to the kitchen and waited on the couch for Huey. Then out of no where I feel an awkwardly strong arm pull me from the couch, up the stairs, and into a unfamiliar room. I looked around the dark room only to see one small window open as day, I walked over to the window and felt a tap on my shoulder as the lights suddenly flickered on and I recognized the room. I turned around and saw Huey standing in the middle of his room staring at me with contempt, it was different from the Huey downstairs flipping pancakes. I stared back, but I had the obvious fearful look that I tried to hide. He kept staring then raised an eyebrow, "Well gonna tell me about the 'inevitability'", he spoke calmly. 

      We were both on the ground now sitting across from each other, the mood lightened from when we first entered the room. I started to speak with no regret, "This morning as I was going downstairs I kept hearing the words, 'All the fighting is inevitable', in my head", I paused letting him take in the information then continued, "And then I realized that all of us fighting was all bound to happen and was made to happen for a reason, but we aren't talking about just things randomly happening to lead up to more events. We talking about messing with fate". Huey's eyes widening and he leaned in wanting to hear more. "If you think about it, Dewey's never been sensitive to things, especially like crushes and things like that, so when he reacted to the joke you made about liking Webby...". Huey continued for me and connecting the pieces together, "It wasn't him being himself he was doing it to start a big fight, because if he reacted normally things would've moved on normally and no fight would've started at all, which means he wouldn't have turned Webby against us, and he wouldn't have started dating her either". 

      Huey stared at me realizing things Dewey was capable of doing, "He's manipulating her, without actually manipulating her, he's fucking around with fate", I spoke slowly thinking strongly of the words dripping off my tounge. He looked at me with hopeful eyes and shook his head with anger, it was a different side of Huey. he wasn't pulling out books, he wasn't stating facts, he looked normal. Huey's head quickly darted up and he said with utter speed, "This fight means nothing and has no relevance to anything going on, it was just mind trick". I nodded listening carefully to every word falling from the taller boys mouth. "We have to do something we have to tell her", Huey spoke much softer than the previous conversation. I stared at him with empty eyes and said, "Webby won't listen to us, she's basically like a puppet being controlled by Dewey...".