Missing peice

this imagine is inspired by the song water fountain by Alec Benjamin (highly recommend for you to listen to it if you haven't already!)
••••

You and Grayson met in senior year when you transferred to public school, immediately both of you connected. He was your typical high school jock, who liked parties and hookups. After he met you, he stopped sleeping around with girls and still partied here and there, but not much. Few months later, you guys started dating and when he met your parents, that's when things started to go downhill between the two of you. They didnt liked Grayson, and it was because he didn't come from a wealthy family like you and his background. Your family was one of the most wealthiest people that lived in the country and were everyone's favorite subject to talk about.

You couldn't handle the pressure any longer so you called off things with Gray. He kept trying for months to get you back because he knew you loved him. After he saw that you got into a new relationship with a guy named Derek. He was a guy from a wealthy family as well, and the guy your parents wanted you to be with in the first place. Grayson stopped trying and moved on with his life.

4 years passed and you graduated college, and this was the perfect opportunity to start a life beside Derek, your fiancé. Your mother threw an engagement party and invited your friends from college and high school, including Grayson.

He wasn't planning to come, but he did anyway so he wouldn't miss the show.

You were in your room staring at yourself in the mirror, wearing your black backless sparkle dress. The only reason you were doing because your parents were broke and didn't want to declare bankruptcy, so they set up an arrangement with you and Derek. The wedding was supposed to be after your first year of college, but you made a deal with your parents that you would finish college first and get married afterwards, and they agreed.

You heard a knock on the door and quickly wiped the tear that was streaming down your cheek. "Come in."

Your mom walked in. "Y/N, what are you still doing here? People are waiting!" She said and I got up and walked up to her. "I was just checking everything was okay with the makeup." You shrugged.

"Well everything is fine, now go!" She said snapping her fingers and you walked out of your bedroom and headed downstairs. People looked at you and applauded, you gave them a small smile.

At the end of the stairs, your future husband to be was waiting for you. "Thought I needed to go up there and drag you down myself." He chuckled as he linked arms with you.

"No need to honey." You forced a smile and looked around greeting people.

Soft dancing Music started dancing, and people started to pair up. Derek put one hand around your waist as the other held your right hand, and danced.

You could hear people saying how perfect you guys looked, and it made you sick.

You looked at the corner of the living room and saw Grayson, looking as good as ever. You never saw him in a suit and God he looked good. He was drinking a glass of champagne with some friends as he chatted. He looked over your way, and stared for a few seconds, and sipped his drink before looking back to his friends.

You swallowed and exhaled. You hated the fact you were marrying another man who isn't Grayson and it kills you inside.

"I need some air." You said pulling away from Derek. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asked and you shook your head, "I'll be right back okay?" You said before walking away to the backyard and sat down at the edge of the water fountain.

You stared at your own reflection and took a deep breath, not wanting the moment you were currently living to be true.

"Usually some other girls at these kind of parties leaves in the middle instead of the fiancée." You heard a familiar male voice speak. You turned around and saw Grayson.

"Grayson." You cleared your throat. "I didn't knew you were here."

He chuckled. "You've always been a bad liar, Y/N. Some things never changed." He said.

"Tell me about it." You muttered.

"How's everything going?" He asked.

You took a deep breath. "Good. Just stressed over the wedding that's all." You said as you got up and stood across from him.

"Because you're marrying someone you don't love?" He tilted his head and you scoffed. "Excuse me?"

He rolled his eyes. "We both know you don't love him. You're doing this because you don't want people talk shit about you and want to keep on with the legacy." He said.

"That is nonsense. I love Derek. I have, for a very long time." You crossed your arms. Grayson walked up closer to you and you felt your heartbeat increase. "You sure?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I don't need to give you explanations, Grayson. You're not my boyfriend and what we had was just puppy love. It was meaningless." You stated, even though he knew you were lying.

He pulled your closer, by grabbing your hips. Your breath hitched at his touch. "That's what you didn't say two years ago when you came to my dorm and you wanted me to make love to you." He whispered as he looked into your eyes. You swallowed hard, blushing. "Am I triggering a memory, love?"

"Shut up." You whispered.

He pushed you against the wall. "Not until you admit you love me and that you always did." He took a deep breath. "Tell me you don't miss when we would hang out, do crazy shit and fuck the night away every weekend. ." He whispered in your ear. You were lost at words because he was right.

"Someone can see us Gray." You said in a nervous tone. His hand ran up your leg, caressing it slowly as his lips parted, his eyes staring at yours, full of lust.

"I don't care." He said before he pressed his lips against yours kissing your passionately and hungrily. You didn't hesitate in kissing him back. You wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Admit it." He bit your bottom lip. "Tell me you love me and that you always have." He held your face and stared in your eyes.

"Y/N?" You heard Derek called you. You pulled away from Grayson and began walking away, but he immediately pulled you back.

"Gra-"

"Tell me." He said caressed your cheek. You sighed and smiled sadly. "I love you, I always have. Just like the day that I told you I loved you by the water fountain, but that's where our love stays." You whispered before your pulled away and before Derek could see you.

You walked up to Derek and smiled at him before linking arms. You looked back and saw Gray with a sad look on his face, he mouthed 'I love you.'

You turned back and put on your happy face on the sad world you were living on, without your missing piece.

I'm sorry if the ending sucked🙁