The one with her appearance

Start from the beginning

"That is so not true. Cole had detention at least once a month." I argued with him.

"Because of something you made him do with you." Keefe laughed, shaking his head. "I don't know what I'd do if I had two of you." He looked at me with a grin.

"Technically, you do." Bella smiled at him, thinking of her other older brother as my dad rolled his eyes.

"One thing I know for sure is that your daughter won't be such a rebel like you and I." Keefe chuckled.

"Trust me, she's in training from the best." I grinned at her and she nodded with a large smile.

"Don't forget who you learned from, I'm the master." My dad raised an eyebrow at me and I shrugged with a nod. "And you can always come to me for help with pranks rose." Keefe told my daughter and she beamed a smile back.

An hour later Sophie and Emma were finally done talking. They came into the living room talking about something softly. Rose was sleeping on my lap, her head against my chest with her legs wrapped around my waist, her hands gripping the collar of my shirt behind my neck. Bella was sitting next to my dad on his chair, her arms around his waist with her head on his chest, exhausted since it was almost midnight. He had an arm around her shoulders, playing lightly with Bella's long curls. 

I stood up, holding rose as I walked over to Emma.

"...and remember, it's just him." my mom told Emma softly, rubbing her arm.

Emma nodded. "Thanks." She whispered, hugging my mom. Sophie rubbed her back, smiling softly.

"Of course Emma." Sophie told Emma with a small smile as they let go.

"You ready to go?" Emma asked me, her eyes puffy and red like when she cried a lot.

I opened my mouth to give a snarky answer but my mom read my thoughts as fast as she could and knew what I was about to say, opening her mouth to stop me before I spoke.

"Actually-" my mom jumped in, glaring at me. "I need to talk to you dyll. Emma you should get some sleep, take rose home maybe."

Emma nodded, taking rose from my arms and holding her tight. She gave me one last look before light leaping away.

"What the hell was this all about?" I hissed to my mom when Emma left, throwing my hands around to gesture.

"Dyll." Keefe warned as I accidentally talked rudely to my mom, Bella snickering.

"Sorry." I mumbled as my dads glare quieted Bella's giggles.

"It's okay love, I understand." Sophie smiled, rubbing my arm. "Come to my office. I'll explain." She rubbed my back, wrapping an arm around me as I slung my arm over her shoulders with a sigh.

We went down to the hall quietly, walked in and sat down on the couch, facing each other.

"Here's what happened. Emma told me that you guys were supposed to try option one tonight. But she said she got freaked out by it and didn't want to do it anymore." Sophie sighed as I slouched on the couch, covering my face with my hands.

"But why?" I growled into my hands.

"She was afraid that you wouldn't like her... appearance..." Sophie sighed, glancing at me.