Chapter 4 - London en Route Paris (II)

Start from the beginning

There’s a guy! A guy in my room! What is a guy doing in my room and that too on my couch watching my TV and drinking my alcohol? Actually stuff the alcohol; I wasn’t going to even touch that but the question is what is a random guy doing in my room and that too in a foreign country like this? I needed an answer; I wanted an answer and I will get an answer. After a metal fight with my brain and myself I came to the conclusion that I will wake this intruder – actually it’s not yet proven that he is an intruder but still – up and ask for a legit explanation.

Rohan

I woke up shaken – literally shaken – some angel was shaking me. I think I’ve drunk too much; I could hear the DDLJ tune playing in the background and in front of me see an angel.

“Wake Up! Wake Up!” She pleaded – more like yelled – while shaking me.

The shaking suddenly stopped. Everything blurred out and I was asleep again. I guess it was dream. Just then a flood of icy water hit my face.

“Shi-” I started off but got cut off by the figure standing in front of me also most likely the one who poured this freezing water on my face. No doubt my hangover was over.

“Hey, no swearing!” She warned me, “and who are you to come to my room and swear at me?”

“Whoa! Your room? Let’s get one thing straight, this is my room! So I should be the one asking you, who are you and what are you doing in my room?” I retorted. Who is she to tell me that my room is not mine but hers? Plus I don’t even think she can afford a room in such a grand hotel. That loose tee and baggy pants is something that one of the beggars on the street would be wearing.

“What proof do you have that this is your room?” she asked.

“What proof do you have that this is your room?” I replied with my smartass sarcasm.

“I asked you first, and you have to answer before you get any answers from my side.”

“Are you a lawyer or something? I mean only those guys are stupid enough to argue at 2:30 at night!”

“Actually I am” she replied with a proud smile on her face, “topper of Law and Legal studies at Auckland University.”

“Well, miss topper I’m not a lawyer so I can’t argue at 2:30 in the morning, so can we just go to reception and clear this confusion?” I offered. I really couldn’t argue anymore, I’ve had so many sleepless nights already and just didn’t have the energy to argue.

“Yeah that’s a good idea” She agreed.

The heat was rising in the lift. It was dead silent. Actually it was silent ever since we left the room but now in the lift it was just pure awkward. Why did I have to hire a room on the 17th floor? It took forever to reach the bottom but it was all over now and we were down. In no time now I can prove miss topper wrong.

“I’m sorry but would you mind telling me who room 445 is booked for?” she beats me to asking the receptionist.

“I’m sorry ma’am we cannot give out information such as this. Is there anything else I could help you with?” The receptionist replied with a smile. Don’t these receptionists ever get tired of smiling? Or do they have something put into their mouth to keep them smiling?

“Actually, we have a small problem here; this Gentleman right here believes that room 445 is booked for him and I believe it’s booked for me. Please check who the room is actually booked for and tell him that he is mistaken and that this room is booked for me.” Miss topper explained.

“Oh I see, give me a moment I’ll just check” The receptionist replied in her French accent. After a few minutes of intense typing and clicking she said, “I’m afraid there has been a muddle up between the bookings, here it says that the room is booked for both Mr. Sharma and Miss. Patel. You must have called at the same time to book and the computer must have thought you’re a couple and put you together. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

“What do you mean you’re sorry?” I was really losing my temper now. “How could you guys make such a big mistake?”

“I’m sorry sir, if you wish we can organize another room and one of you can shift into that” the receptionist offered.

“Yes please” Both Miss topper and I replied in sync.

“Pack your bags, miss topper” I sassed at her.

“Excuse me? Do you have any manners?” She sassed back at me, “Do you not know how to talk to women?”

“Depends on who the women is”

“You’re so manner less”

“ma’am, sir, please, it’s late at night and you will wake up the other guests” the receptionists broke into our argument. “Who should I book this room for?”

“Actually you know what? Book it for me – Mr. Sharma – I can’t spend more time with this headache, otherwise I’m going to go crazy!” I replied.

Miss Topper stormed off to her room with a red face.

Ria

Never in my life have I seen such a low class person! He does not have any manners. I knew he was following me so I didn’t bother looking back. Once I got into the room I took his bags and threw them out. He caught one of them, gave me an enemy smile and left. Thank God. Today was such a tiring day, I’d better get some rest now; I don’t want to look all zombie-like during the tour of Paris tomorrow.

It’s was 3:30am by the time I got into bed, something was annoying me. Mr. Sharma, I’ve seen him somewhere, where? I don’t know! This was really driving me nuts! I needed to sleep but at this rate I wasn’t going to get any. 

~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, sorry for the really irregular updates. It's just that some chapters are longer than others so it takes time to write them and all, and then theres school and all but I'll try to update regularly. Anyways did you guys like this chapter? I personally thought it was quite funny, I was laughing while writting it. So if you like it then please vote <3 comment <3 and keep reading <3