Sixteen

After showering, you forced yourself to walk back into your bedroom—where you were expecting to see Jimin—but to your surprise, he was gone.

You stood in the middle of your bedroom, rubbing your hands through your hair as you released a deep sigh. Your eyes roamed the room, images of everything you allowed last night flashed through your mind until your eyes landed on a stick note stuck to your nightstand.

Reading it, you rolled your eyes at the message, 'had a great time last night! :) I'll call later.'

Did he seriously leave a sticky note as this was some sort of one night stand. He definitely was not making things easier for himself.

Making your way across the room, you picked up your phone, scrolling through your contacts before coming to the name of the person you hadn't talked to in years. A good friend that you missed dearly.

Before you could talk yourself out of it, you clicked the green dial button and hurriedly pressed the phone against your ear. There was no going back now.

"Hello?" The male voiced announced through the phone speakers, breaking your heart again as you thought of the last time the two of you spoke, "Hey! Stop that!—Can't you see I'm on the phone here!"

You laughed to yourself as you listen to him nag at someone. He was always nagging at someone and you loved to know that hadn't changed with him. You missed this, you missed him. That comfortable, homey feeling that he gave—you missed it all.

"Seokjinnie... it's me, Y/N"

You heard a light gasp from the phone before he went completely silent. So, you could continued speaking, hoping that your words would have gotten through to him. "I'm sorry. For everything. I know you must hate me, but I really need you right now. I need my best friend right now—more than ever." You felt your eyes burn as the tears threatened to escape.

Seokjin and you used to be the best of friends. Everything was all good in your friendship, until it wasn't. Until everything turned to shit, and it was all your fault.

"Y/N! Please, please, don't do this to meto us..." He looked at you with tears in his eyes, as his hand grasped onto yours for dear life. "If he doesn't want us hanging out a lot then fine, so be it, but do not cut me out of your life forever. You're my best friend, my better half."

You could only look over at him with tears in your eyes. Throwing your head back to look up at the ceiling, trying to stop anymore tears from falling. "Just stop Jinnie! I have to do this!... I love him."

"You're really going to cut me out of your life. Is it that easy for you? Have I ever meant anything to you? I've always been there for you, we're best friends! Y/N, you're the only friend I have, so please don't do this to me."

He was right. The two of you had been best friends, since middle school. Not many people wanted to hang out with you, because your weren't the 'popular' sister. You used to get bullied and called names, until finally one day, after you were made fun of, Jin came and saved the day. Your anpanman.

He was there for you when your parents passed away. He was there when you broke your ankle the last year of school and couldn't walk across the stage at graduation, he wheeled your chair and cheered you up. He was there for everything.

"Jin... did you really think we'd be attached like this forever?" You laughed, "Honestly, it wasn't that great being your friend anyways." You lied, regretting every single word that had escaped your mouth.

"Jimin thinks that we shouldn't hang out anymore, and if we do, he'd leave me. I can't risk him leaving me... I love him."

His tears were now coming down his face nonstop, you watched in pain as he wiped his red, runny nose with his hand before walking towards you, and placing a quick kiss on your forehead. "Even if the friendship wasn't great for you... to me, it meant everything."

He then turned and walked away from you for the last time, leaving you to break down in tears. You clenched at your chest, as the pain was too much.

That may have been one of the worse days of your life.

"Send me the address. I'm on my way." He then hung up the phone, shocking you that he had agreed so quickly.

Thirty five minutes later, Jin was at your door, holding your favorite drink in one hand and your favorite snack in the other.

He held up the items in his hand, and shrugged. You smiled, as you ran into his arms without thinking, "You came! You actually came..." Burying your face into his neck you begin sobbing uncontrollably. Jin let the snack bag fall to the floor so that he could wrap his arms around your body, securing you in his hold before carrying you over to your couch.

"Pabo! Didn't I tell you before? I'd always be here for you, on good or bad terms. Did you think I was lying?"

A/N:
Jin has entered the fucking chat.
Sorry, it's been hard to update this one while on vacation! 🙂