Chapter Twenty-Eight

Beginne am Anfang

I could see the fear in his eyes. The fear of a two year old. All I could do was sigh before letting myself go.

"Draco, you're being a child. You will suck it up, get your bloody arse up those stairs right now if you knew what is good for you. Go. Now." I said, pulling the door open and pointing up the stairs.

He looked up the stairs but didn't budge. I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm. I tugged him towards the door and pushed him towards the stairs.

"I'm right behind you." I told him.

He started climbing the stairs. I could the echo of whispers approaching. Then, from around the corner, the familiar curly black hair came into view.

"Auntie Trix!" I whispered excitedly running over and giving her a hug.

She quickly let go of me and headed straight for the tower. I watched them all begin to climb the stairs and they disappeared from the view.

"Do we go now father?" I asked the man in black beside me.

Without a word, my father walked to the stairs and began to climb. I rolled my eyes at the lack of manners people had today. I quickly caught up to my father and climbed the many, many stairs in the spiraling staircase. My father and I stopped right before the top. He got off the stairs and walked around a pillar. I saw, just then, a boy holding his wand up to the floorboards. I peered around my father and the boy looked straight at me, then at my father.

We made our way back to the stairs and climbed to last few as my Aunt yelled at Draco as I would have.

"No." My father said simply.

We walked into the view of Dumbledore. I took my wand from my pocket.

"Raven," the professor whispered, almost inaudible.

"You don't get to talk now, headmaster." I said to him.

My father held his wand out to the old man.

"Severus, please." Dumbledore whispered, louder than before.

I stared at my father's wand. The tiny hesitate was all I needed.

"Avada Ka-"

Cutting off my father's words was the bright green light shooting from a wand. My father stared down at me in shock. I just stared at the old man falling over the edge of the astronomy tower. My aunt and I ran over to the ledge. My aunt yelled into the sky as green shot from her wand up to the clouds. I saw the shape of a skull begin to form. My shoulder was suddenly tugged and I was being pulled away. I looked up at the giant werewolf.

"Get your grubby hands off me!" I snapped, slapping his hand off of my shoulder.

I quickly ran down the stairs of the astronomy tower to catch up with Draco and my father. I was followed by Greyback, Alecto and Amycus Carrow, Yaxley, Rowle and my aunt. It made me happy to see my aunt so overjoyed. She skipped happily down the corridors. We approached the Great Hall.

"Come, Raven! Have fun!" Auntie Trix exclaimed, jumping up on a table.

I happily joined her, jumping up on the Gryffindor table, kicking off the glasses and plates. I jumped down when I got to the end, but my aunt had more in mind. Suddenly the stained glass windows shattered onto the floor, letting gusts of wind into the hall and blowing all the candles out. I laughed at her antics. I looked back a Draco who had stopped in the middle of the Hall. I walked  over to him and held my hand out to him. 

"Come, Draco. We have to go, now." I told him.

He nodded and took my hand. We followed my father and the Death Eaters out of the school and across the field. I watched my Aunt skip up to Hagrid's hut, calling him, then setting the hut into flames. I smiled as the light made the dusking grounds light up and made the green-glowing snake and skull in the sky contrast beautifully.