too much information

Stella

I stretched and reached out to find Hades.

The bed wasn't cold, but it wasn't warm either. I felt something that most definitely wasn't the sheets. Opening my eyes I noticed a piece of paper on the pillow he'd slept on.

If he'd gone to work I would be so pissed right now.

Stella,

Macadia has arrived. I have not left the castle, but will be found in the kitchen.

Yours,

Hades

It always warmed he signed with 'yours' and not just this name.

Macaria. Was I ready to face his offspring?

I got out of bed, cursing silently when I could feel what we'd done the night before. I got dressed in the clothes from yesterday, brushed my hair and pulled it into a ponytail. I was hungry.

I left the room and went to the kitchen.

Voices could be heard, and a pearly laughter that wasn't Lucinda's.

I opened the door.

The girl was gorgeous. Her hair was white, her eyes as black as charcoal. Some of her features matched Hades, some Persephone. It wasn't difficult to know who here parents were.

"You must be Stella," she said and rose. "I'm Macaria. Nice to meet you."

I smiled. "Likewise." I made a plate with food and sat down.

Hades was sipping coffee, Macaria picking at a blueberry muffin.

"Do you mind me asking, how did you end here?" she asked.

"Car accident," I said. "I don't really remember it, but then again, it happened so fast."

She nodded. "That's not your way to go."

I smiled. "Everyone is so morbid down here," I said.

"Goes with the territory," she said.

"Occupational hazard," Hades said at the same time.

I just shook my head and continued eating.

Macaria followed me with her dark, dark eyes.

I emptied my plate.

"So, the father-daughter thing has never been my thing, we're just friends," she glanced at Hades. "Or you're like an overprotective brother. But did you guys have sex last night? Because that amount of food is not possible otherwise."

I reached for the glass of orange juice. "I'm still stuck in the 'you're his daughter' situation, and I'm not sure I'd want to discuss my sex-live with my father."

Macaria smiled. "Hades, leave." She said.

"Forget it," he said. "I have to hear about the sex."

I glared his way. "Really?"

He smiled. "For you, sweetheart? Of course."

I sighed. "Yes, we did have sex. Yes, it was pretty awesome, but I'm not spilling any more details."

Macaria laughed. It was a pearly laughter that made me smile and think about a simpler time.

"How come everyone think Aphrodite is the pretties?" I asked.

"She's older than me," Macaria said. "And being just remotely related to anything having to do with death takes away a few notches."

I frowned. "I don't get it."

"No one does," Hades said and emptied his mug of coffee.

"I'll be staying in my old room," Macaria said. "Call me when it's time for dinner."

"You'll know when," Hades said.

Macaria stood. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Stella." She smiled and left the kitchen.

"Why is it you talk about sex with her?" I asked Hades.

He shrugged. "After a few hundred years, she was my age, I mean, according to human biology, and we agreed it was weird having her call me father."

I shook my head. "I'll get dressed."

"You are dressed," he reminded me

I looked at him. "In something that I haven't worn all day yesterday."

He held up his palms in a defeated gesture. "Do what you got to do."

I nodded and left the kitchen.