the letter

Hades

I read her letter over and over. Why was she suspicious of Lucinda all of a sudden? I sat down by the desk and found a piece of paper.

I wasn't sure why she all of a sudden wanted to write a letter, but I would go with it. For just tonight it felt like a sane choice, not to be too close. I wanted to fuck her right into next week, or maybe just to make love to her until she collapsed of pure exhaustion?

Either of the two would work.

But if I first did that, I wasn't sure I'd be able to stay away from her.

I pictured her glorious body, and how she wasn't ashamed of herself. That was what mattered. I wanted to hold her.

I rubbed my face in my hands. Right. Time for that letter!

Stella,

I take it you can read my handwriting, since you mentioned you read a letter from me to Persephone. So here goes;

If you have any reason to distrust Lucinda, please do let me know. She has worked here for a long time, and I truly enjoy her friendship and her chatty ways. When we talk again, please tell me of your suspicions. I will gladly listen.

I have been told I'm very absent-minded, my apologies. It is not deliberate, I just have a lot on my mind. The Underworld, with all its different parts and countries, towns and cities, is a big place to control, being just one man.

Regarding your feelings, I'm not sure what I should reply. You mean more to me, than I'm willing to admit, and I think it's for the better if I don't. You'll have to leave at some point; you have a life to live, and I want you to live it. Fully and not just in memory of this, which will only be a dream by then.

The distance you're creating will help me get my mind in the right space; a space where I'll be able to let you go, once your time with me is up.

I am enjoying your presence, and I have enjoyed getting to know you. And that despite of how much I dislike sharing my personal space with girls who try to argue with me and test my limits whenever they see fit.

Until tomorrow,

Yours,

Hades