myth vs fact

Stella

I was dreaming. The little girl who was always with her mother, and who was lured into the Underworld by Hades, who had her eat.

I woke up, the myth still circling in my mind. "Shit!" I exclaimed and opened my eyes. Fuck, I'd eaten something! That probably shouldn't have been my first word, because I was in the dark room I fell asleep in. "Crap." I muttered.

I was still here.

Someone knocked on my door.

With a sigh I got out of bed and walked to the door.

Tall, handsome as hell, with dark stubble on his cheeks and chin, dark, dark eyes and dark hair in a messy bun. Hades. "You all right?"

I wrapped my arms around myself. I felt naked without a bra. "So I'm no expert on Greek mythology, but I read, that Persephone ate six pomegranate seed and had to stay down here for six months every year."

Hades smiled. "Listen, that was, what, five thousand years ago, a lot has changed since. And no, you don't have to stay down here, but you have to eat in order for your body to be stronger on Earth."

I nodded. "What time is it?"

He smiled, a wide smile. "Three in the morning."

"Crap." I said and looked back at the bed.

Hades was still there, when I looked back up at him. His dark eyes were directed at my face. He had really nice, brown eyes. Dark and mysterious. Yet warm at the same time.

He put his hand on the doorframe. He leaned into me. And if I didn't know better, it felt as if he was about to kiss me. My heart was going nuts in my chest. "Why did you wake?" he asked.

Not how I saw this one planning out. "Bad dream," I said and swallowed. Fuck me.

He nodded. "Okay. Holler if you need help. Sleep tight." He gently squeezed my shoulder before disappearing down the hall.

I shut the door and leaned back against it.

Fuck me.