Gods

Stella

I went to the door, still dressed in the clothes I'd put on that morning.

Hades was leaning against the door frame and looking at me. This was the first time I'd truly noticed how handsome he was. Like, the dark eyes, the stubbled cheeks and lean body.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I shrugged. I didn't want to be attracted to him. Why was every god always depicted as fucking sexy? Like, that wasn't fair!

Hades smiled, causing his eyes to lighten up. "I take that you're okay?"

I nodded.

"Right," he said, he averted his gaze and looked at the floor. Or my socks.

His hair was in a bun.

"I want to go home." I said.

He met my gaze again. "You will," he assured me. "But I can't promise when. It's how your physical body on earth is healing. When it's healed enough, you'll wake and won't be here anymore."

I sighed and nodded. "Thanks."

"Also, Stella," he said, before I had the chance to shut the door.

"Yes?" I asked and faced him again. My heart was beating hard and fast in my chest.

Hades held my gaze. "You're more than welcome to explore the castle on my own. If I'm here, call my name and I'll help you find your way back. Please don't go to the attic. The roof is under construction and I don't want you to get hurt."

I narrowed my eyes. "So what happens if I get hurt?"

"Then it will impact your physical body," he said. "To a certain extent. Somethings won't impact you, but most will. Also, to eat is the most important. It keeps your strength up. And if you eat more here, remember you're eating to get better in a body that's overworking itself to heal."

I nodded. He was attractive. God dammit.

He smiled. "Right. Let me know if you need anything."

I nodded.

Hades winked at me before leaving.

I was staring at the spot where he'd been for a long time. So I didn't want to be attracted to the God of the Underworld.

On the other hand, if this was some weird dream, I might as well roll with it. The only thing being he didn't seem to be the least bit interested.

I was probably just another damsel in distress in a long line of damsels who needed help not to die.

That was a depressing thought. Was he already rubbing off on me?

I shut the door, found the pajamas and went to the adjacent bathroom. It had a bathtub, and I was about to enjoy that.