nobody's business

Hades

Lucinda was doing the dishes, I grabbed Stella's hand and dragged her out of the kitchen with me when she had finished eating.

"It's rude! I was talking with Lucinda!" she said, shoving me away from her.

I took a step back. We stood way too close. "What have you been doing today?" I asked her, my voice low and ominous even to my own ears.

Stella crossed her arms. "I went to the attic," she said. "I read a letter from Zagreus and one from Macaria and one from Persephone, and then I went down because I heard Lucinda. How many times did you reincarnate when you children needed you?"

"None of your business," I said.

"Hades, I'm down here for a limited time. Why not just share it? I'll forget it again, as you've told me so many times."

I grabbed a gentle hold of her arms and had her crossed arms fall. "It is close to four thousand five hundred years ago. Please, rest it."

Stella raised both eyebrows. "Why?"

Anger was creeping into my system. I breathed out through my nose. "Stella," I warned.

"Hades," she warned.

"Don't snoop in my personal correspondence," I said. "It's very disrespectful."

"Don't fucking treat me like a child!" she yelled. Into my face.

I kissed her.