wishing

Stella

How could he? Treat me like a child! I was no fucking child. But he treated me like one, and he'd done so all day.

I bypassed the kitchen, not even saying hey to Lucinda, and stalked to my room.

A bath. I wanted a fucking bath. I pulled off my clothes and dropped it on the floor. Butt naked I walked to the bathroom, filled the tub with water and foam and stepped into the water.

I leaned my head back.

I fucking despised horses. They were terrifying creatures. And the horses didn't seem the least bit friendly. Well, except to Hades. They were his horses.

Wasn't there a book down here on Greek mythology? Or maybe I should just ask Lucinda. That girl seemed to know everything.

I'd spent the day organizing all the files. And I'd had the food Lucinda brought.

Right now I just wanted a peaceful day. And I could assure him that I wouldn't join him again.

Time moved slowly. I heard Lucinda sneak in, clean up my clothes and leave some food. The food felt like a religion down here.

When she left again, I quickly showered and dried off.

In pajamas, tank top and shorts, I went to eat. It was something as simple as spaghetti Bolognese. I enjoyed the familiarity of the meal, and gulped the glass of water she'd left with it.

Tiredness was seeping into my veins. I didn't want to think anymore. And I didn't want Hades to go off for no reason. And I didn't want to have Lucinda standing in between.

I crawled into bed, pulled the covers up to my chin and closed my eyes.

I missed my siblings. I missed Lisa and the world I knew. I wished, I wished so hard, that I would wake up in a hospital bed. As long as they were there. Some of them. Any of them.